Titan Hookup

rocchi

Titan Hookup
« on: 30 Aug 2005, 09:58 pm »
hello. im looking at getting a new passive preamp but the model im looking at only has 1 set of outputs.  i want to avoid using y adapters to hook up the sub. aci's site suggests using a speaker level connector, but im having problems finding such a device. where to find? any suggestions? alternatives?

my current system-
yba cd 3
msb link dac channel island mods
audible illusions pre
mccormack dna .5 rev a
saphire xl's
titan sub (about 7 years old)
tara interconnects
q-10 speaker cable

thanks!
randy

Rich Carlson

Titan Hookup
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2005, 10:27 pm »
Randy - I think all you need to do is wire up some RCA plugs with speaker wire, and connect them in parallel with your speakers.   There's no specific adapter you need, because of the high impedance of the sub inputs relative to speakers.  A little googling will find you transformers that take speaker level to line level, but I don't think you really need that.
Rich

Mike Dzurko

Re: Titan Hookup
« Reply #2 on: 31 Aug 2005, 12:07 am »
Quote from: rocchi
hello. im looking at getting a new passive preamp but the model im looking at only has 1 set of outputs.  i want to avoid using y adapters to hook up the sub. aci's site suggests using a speaker level connector, but im having problems finding such a device. where to find? any suggestions? alternatives?

my current system-
yba cd 3
msb link dac channel island mods
audible illusions pre
mccormack dna .5 rev a
saphire xl's
titan sub (about 7 years old)
tara interconnects
q-10 speaker cable

thanks!
randy

Randy:

Your Titan should have originally shipped with speaker level adapters. They are a male RCA plus with several resistors added and speaker wire on the other end. Give us a call or email sales@audioc.com, I don't remember the exact price but I think it is less than $10 each. Check the first hookup on this page to get a better idea:
http://www.audioc.com/library1/subsetupft.htm#stereo

rocchi

Titan Hookup
« Reply #3 on: 31 Aug 2005, 02:51 pm »
thanks!