dvi-hdmi cable-on the cheap

rosconey

« on: 27 Aug 2005, 12:43 am »
get the one off ebay for 1.99-
i could not justify the price at either best buy or circut city for a hdmi-dvi cable-100 beans was the cheapest- i shit you not :evil:

i bought a set top reciever(samsung) for my hdtv so i can watch the GIANTS on fox-local cable doesnt do a hd fox broadcast :x

tonight is the first time i have used it-for 7 bucks shipped i cant see the mega stores can justify so much more because it says belden or monster-

picture is much much better than cable,hope cbs and abc football come in as clear(in wide screen)

Eric5676

• Blu Ray Oasis

Eric5676

• Blu Ray Oasis

wshuff

« Reply #4 on: 1 Sep 2005, 11:50 pm »
Q,

With your Onkyo and those other new toys you've ordered, you may want to stock up on HDMI cables.  I look forward to hearing how your VP30 turns out.  I myself just got a Focus Enhancements CS-1 for $259, so as good as the VP30 pre-order deal is, it's hard to beat $259 shipped.  Since I'm dealing mostly with analog inputs, the HDMI switching of the VP30 wasn't so very important.  For now.  I'm figuring that the CS-1 should hold me over until the next iScan.  Then, I'll need to get some more cables...

Eric5676

• Blu Ray Oasis
« Reply #5 on: 6 Sep 2005, 05:34 pm »
Quote from: wshuff
Q,

With your Onkyo and those other new toys you've ordered, you may want to stock up on HDMI cables.  I look forward to hearing how your VP30 turns out.  I myself just got a Focus Enhancements CS-1 for $259, so as good as the VP30 pre-order deal is, it's hard to beat $259 shipped.  Since I'm dealing mostly with analog inputs, the HDMI switching of the VP30 wasn't so very important.  For now.  I'm figuring that the CS-1 should hold me over until the next iScan.  Then, I'll need to get some more cables...

I have an HDMI cable with the Onkyo right now. The VP30 will hopefully ship with one, otherwise I can buy it pretty fast. Then I can work my way out from there, as needed. :)

It sounds like you and I both found great solutions for ourselves. I'm hoping to get some CEDIA feedback on the VP30, among other things, before the order actually ships. I doubt I'd hear or see anyting that would make me cancel my preorder, since that AVS preorder price is insanely good.