Where's Klaus?

pugs

Where's Klaus?
« on: 26 Aug 2005, 07:17 pm »
I've tried emailing him a few times in the last week and a half and he hasn't responded.  Yes, I know the best way to reach him is to call, but I don't always have time for that nor do I always want to call long distance.

Klaus- Can you please reply to my emails?

djbnh

Where's Klaus?
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 2005, 10:31 pm »
Errr, good luck....yeah.

Sonny

Santa Klaus...
« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2005, 10:44 pm »
Well, I just spoke with him on the phone on Wednesday...
best thing is...to Call..use your cell phone, no long-distance charge.
Best

pugs

Where's Klaus?
« Reply #3 on: 26 Aug 2005, 11:33 pm »
Believe it or not, I don't have a personal cell phone.  I like doing business through emails because it's easier for me to get everything in writing.  To me, talking to Klaus on the phone is like a tornado hitting my brain.  He talks so fast and throws out so many numbers and ideas I just can't follow along.  After I get off the phone with him I have more questions than when I started.  

It's only been a week and a half, but I just want to know if he received my amps for one, and I want him to email me some information because that's he said he would do and that's what I prefer.  I don't think that's unreasonable.

John151

Where's Klaus?
« Reply #4 on: 26 Aug 2005, 11:52 pm »
Everytime I talk to Klause he gets me all excited about audio gear, which ends up costing me money.  :mrgreen:  I think Pugs is onto something with the email idea.

bunky

Where's Klaus?
« Reply #5 on: 27 Aug 2005, 02:51 am »
i just talked to klaus today. i was just going to touch base with him because i received a pair of Epiphonys from him today and i wanted to tell him they looked alot better in person . for some strange reason by the end of our conversation i became the proud owner of a pair of red cherry Loreleis. go figure? he said i will get them in a few weeks. goodbye paradigms hello Loreleis!

John151

Where's Klaus?
« Reply #6 on: 27 Aug 2005, 03:15 am »
Quote from: John151
Everytime I talk to Klause he gets me all excited about audio gear, which ends up costing me money.  :mrgreen:  I think Pugs is onto something with the email idea.

Glad to hear that it is not just me!   :mrgreen:

Eduardo AAVM

Where's Klaus?
« Reply #7 on: 27 Aug 2005, 05:01 pm »
He had a problem with his email server as far as I know, as known best way to reach him is by phone.

pugs

Where's Klaus?
« Reply #8 on: 27 Aug 2005, 08:50 pm »
Nothing is wrong with his server.  I know he reads his emails and I know he is reading this.  As much as I hate talking on the phone, I guess he hates email just as much.  I'm getting a little frustrated because I got an email from him yesterday saying to call him and he'll call me right back.  Long distance is not the big issue with me.  My main issue is that I want everything in writing including price.

Like I said before talking to him feels like a tornado hit my brain.  I have a hard time nailing down exactly what everything costs.  I doubt I am the only one that gets something like "it will cost $400 or maybe $450"  or  "between $100 and $200"  I have a hard time nailing down prices.  As far as work to be performed sometimes I get "...and yada yada yada".  All I want are facts in writing like what is going to be done with my amps and how much it is going to cost.

I have thousands of dollars invested in his products and might spend a lot more.  I think it is totally reasonable that I get everything in writing.  I also think it's totally reasonable that as a customer, I should be able to deal with most of the transaction through emails if that is what works for me.  I know Klaus will read this and I hope it helps him understand what I want from him.

I'm sure this can all be taken in a bad way.  I'm not trying to diss Klaus, and I don't want to come off as a whiner.  I am just not comfortable going through with the transaction if I don't have a solid answer of what work will be prformed and exactly how much it will cost.  

Klaus, please read the emails I sent to you so you know what I'm requesting.

Brad

Where's Klaus?
« Reply #9 on: 27 Aug 2005, 08:54 pm »
He's had the same 'problem' with his email server for years now. :lol:

Just call him if you have questions

bunky

Where's Klaus?
« Reply #10 on: 27 Aug 2005, 10:49 pm »
Quote from: pugs
Nothing is wrong with his server.  I know he reads his emails and I know he is reading this.  As much as I hate talking on the phone, I guess he hates email just as much.  I'm getting a little frustrated because I got an email from him yesterday saying to call him and he'll call me right back.  Long distance is not the big issue with me.  My main issue is that I want everything in writing including price.

Like I said before talking to him feels like a tornado hit my brain.  I have a hard time nailing do ...
Klaus is not keen on E-mail everyone knows this including you by your own admission. and i can identify with the senario you describe except that he might say 450.00 and you can hear him taking mental notes out loud and then he will say 400.00 i can give you a clue that this means he just decided figuring out loud to shave 50.00 off the price of a good or service. you make it sound like he is trying to screw you and nothing could be further from the truth. just call him and get it squared away and stop with all of the drama!

Eduardo AAVM

Where's Klaus?
« Reply #11 on: 27 Aug 2005, 11:16 pm »
Quote from: Brad
He's had the same 'problem' with his email server for years now. :lol:

Just call him if you have questions

Hi friends this and another post about this... When you got returned  "undeliverable" e mails I think it is a e mail problem.

pugs

Where's Klaus?
« Reply #12 on: 28 Aug 2005, 12:02 am »
Quote from: bunky
Klaus is not keen on E-mail everyone knows this including you by your own admission. and i can identify with the senario you describe except that he might say 450.00 and you can hear him taking mental notes out loud and then he will say 400.00 i can give you a clue that this means he just decided figuring out loud to shave 50.00 off the price of a good or service. you make it sound like he is trying to screw you and nothing could be further from the truth. just call him and get it squared away and stop with all of the drama!

No drama here.  I Just prefer to get everything in writing.  I have had price discrepancies in the past, it was a pain to resolve, and I don't want it to happen again.  What's wrong with that?  

Your pricing example above doesn't always work out like that.  I'm not trying to make a friend, I'm just trying to protect my interests in a business deal.  It's that simple.  Again, what's wrong with that?

If I thought Klaus was trying to "screw" me I wouldn't do business with him at all.  I just don't want any confusion which there has been in the past.

In case this is not fully understood, I have talked to him twice in the last few weeks.  He said he would send me a quote.  That's what I'm waiting for.  

I don't understand why it is so hard to communicate via emails if that's what the customer feels comfortable with.

pugs

Where's Klaus?
« Reply #13 on: 28 Aug 2005, 12:20 am »
Case closed  :D .  Thanks Klaus for emailing me and putting everything in writing.  It really helps me understand what I'm am getting and for what price.  I will call you and let you know what I decide.

bunky

Where's Klaus?
« Reply #14 on: 28 Aug 2005, 12:58 am »
Quote from: pugs
Case closed  :D .  Thanks Klaus for emailing me and putting everything in writing.  It really helps me understand what I'm am getting and for what price.  I will call you and let you know what I decide.
thank God!

John151

Where's Klaus?
« Reply #15 on: 28 Aug 2005, 05:43 pm »
I think Klause is one of those business persons that operates on the "hand shake principle".   You would not run a large corporation such as Sony like this, but for a small, custom order audio equipment maker,  it works fine.  In fact, I find it rather refreshing.  I also get a certain pleasure out of knowing the owner of the company, and that the units were made by hand in the USA.  In fact, I think my Odyssey components may be the only things that I have purchased in the last 12 months that were not made in China.

TjMV3

Where's Klaus?
« Reply #16 on: 28 Aug 2005, 06:05 pm »
Klaus is your receipt...Klaus is your agreement.

Klaus' word is gold in the bank.  

Certainly he's running a business and wants to make money,  but he has pride in his products and he wants his customers to be happy.  He always backs his word.

bunky

Where's Klaus?
« Reply #17 on: 28 Aug 2005, 06:24 pm »
Quote from: John151
I think Klause is one of those business persons that operates on the "hand shake principle".   You would not run a large corporation such as Sony like this, but for a small, custom order audio equipment maker,  it works fine.  In fact, I find it rather refreshing.  I also get a certain pleasure out of knowing the owner of the company, and that the units were made by hand in the USA.  In fact, I think my Odyssey components may be the only things that I have purchased in the last 12 months that were not made in China.
i totally agree with your acessment of the business dynamic that Klaus operates with and i pmed Pugs last night with a apology for being kind of hard on him in my posts and gave him a similar explanation to yours right down to the business on a handshake analogy. it is refreshing and oldfashioned at the same time and it is a shame more business cant be done in this manner. even when flustered Klaus is always nothing but a gentleman. and i think this reflects an old world upbringing. again sorry Pugs!     William C Waldecker III

klaus@odyssey

Where's Klaus?
« Reply #18 on: 9 Sep 2005, 10:15 pm »
I'm here,  I'm here,  I'm here.
Actually,  Pugs had a very valid point,  and it was indeed my fault that I didn't act as fast as I should have.

BUT,  man,  we have personal problems as well,  and in the past 2 months,  I've had 10 years worth of private headaches and bullshit.  Not an excuse,  just to say sorry for any big delays or half-ass follow-ups.  However,  life is back to it's hectic normality,   aaaaaargh.

Late