• Retired . Music Lover
6Moons + Positive Feedback Review the MiniMax Phono
« on: 11 Aug 2005, 03:29 pm »
Check out the reviews here.

6moons
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/minimaxphono/phono.html

Positive Feedback
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue20/minimax.htm

add these together along with the highly praised reviews from Audio Circle members, AudioJerry, Carlman, Claud, and others = Eastern Electric best component yet.
 If your thinking about a phono stage give me a call or email. 30 day money back guarantee that this will be the last phono preamp you will ever think about owning. It just does it right! Guaranteed

Thanks for looking,
 Bill

DARTH AUDIO

« Reply #1 on: 11 Aug 2005, 05:31 pm »
Hey Bill, thanks again for the enjoyable listening session with the MiniMax Phono Stage. I decided to buy one only after an hour of listening. This phono stage is a GIANT KILLER!!. It has replaced my highly modified EAR 834p. All of the MiniMax products are great audio bargins, but this phone stage is Alex's finest creation. A friend of mine who knows my system very well sumed up his comments by saying "Your other phono stage was like a real good TV, but the MiniMax is like HDTV"!! The Definition of this phono stage is great. I also bought some Groove Tube 12AX7's. The soundstage is the best I ever heard (I play vinyl 95% of the time and have been for the past 30 years). It is wide and deep with pin point imaging. Bill is also master of knowing what tubes work with his equipment. I decided to buy after listening to the MiniMax with the stock tubes. When Bill put in the Groove Tubes this phono Stage went to another level. My system has never sounded better. In fact my brother flwe into town last week and wanted to know if I had replaced something in my system because it sounds so clear, a great vision into the music. I would have to believe that if you are looking for a phono stage and are willing to spend 5K, then buy the miniMax and spend the rest of your money on albums. It is that good.

I would love to hear a direct comparison to the Manley Steelhead. The manley may win by a little but is it worth the 6k difference?

Bill & Alex, Great Job!!

Gary

Mad DOg

« Reply #2 on: 11 Aug 2005, 08:43 pm »
Quote from: DARTH AUDIO
This phono stage is a GIANT KILLER!!...All of the MiniMax products are great audio bargins, but this phone stage is Alex's finest creation...

Darth Audio, i completely agree! shokunin let me borrow his Manley a while back and while i haven't had a chance to a/b, let's just say, i didn't feel the MM was giving up much; certainly not $6K of ground!!!

Bill,

i owe u a review. my apologies for the long delay, but i've been out of town on business for the last 7 out of 8 weeks & still out...it's coming, i PROMISE! thx for ur patience!  :)

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
« Reply #3 on: 11 Aug 2005, 09:03 pm »
Fo,

Not a problem as I've been watching the S.Cal cirle and I know you have been a busy man, as work has you traveling an extrodinary amount of miles.

The sad part is you haven't had enough time to listen to music. :(

Carlman

« Reply #4 on: 11 Aug 2005, 10:42 pm »
I plan on borrowing Claud's Mini-phono when I get the new TacT situation settled.. I decided my problem was the room and not the gear... and the TacT fixes 90% of every issue I've ever had in my room.  (I'm addressing the other 10% with conventional means ;) )

Anyway, it should be interesting to hear what tubes can do when put through a digital processor.. my guess is that I'll lose the magic but we'll see..  It's the best phono pre I've ever heard so, it's the only choice as far as I'm concerned... I just want to buy more time. ;)

-C

Mad DOg

« Reply #5 on: 11 Aug 2005, 11:16 pm »
Quote from: Bill O'Connell
The sad part is you haven't had enough time to listen to music. :(

yes, you're right...actually, the really sad part about it is that i've been so busy that i haven't had time to even think about music. i wasn't missing music until my wife asked why i hadn't fired up my system during the one week when i was home.  :o