Speakers for NuForce

miklorsmith

Re: Speakers for NuForce
« Reply #40 on: 30 Mar 2007, 05:20 pm »
This is not about tonal accuracy, which I think is overrated.

What do you mean by this?

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #41 on: 31 Mar 2007, 12:22 pm »
I am not quite sure what you meant either.  Anyway, feel free to stop by and test out your CD at our lab. But you can't tell anyone what you have seen or heard in our demo room (because we play with "stuff" here and some of them are from the future :scratch:).

No worry, Ref 8.5 will receive a power supply upgrade very soon  :wink:

mmakshak

« Reply #42 on: 10 Apr 2007, 07:35 pm »
  I thought that maybe the difference in the Pretender's song heard at Oneobgyn's house(expensive speakers, etc.) and my house(and other places) might have to do with my 8.5's driving very inefficient speakers.  That would mean I needed to get the 9's.  Anyway, after hearing that song elsewhere, I think the differences that I heard at Oneobgyn's house have to do with much more than speaker efficiency, or the ability of my 8.5's to drive inefficient speakers.  BTW, nice job on your P-8.  After audition, I bought it.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #43 on: 11 Apr 2007, 03:20 am »
Just be patient for a little longer, you'll get a new life for Ref 8.5 very soon :wink: 

giannettino

« Reply #44 on: 13 Apr 2007, 08:05 pm »
Hello..
At this moment..my 9 SE works with this toy :thumb:

http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cassais0.jpg

Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gianni

KrK

« Reply #45 on: 27 Apr 2007, 06:17 pm »
Nuforce Ref 9.02 SE wit the Tyler Acoustics Woodmere II's.....

Wow!!! What a combination. Super super .... Live concerts are in my room now!

http://www.tyleracoustics.com/woodmere.html

knecht

« Reply #46 on: 18 Jun 2007, 05:39 pm »
I'have already posted elsewhere, and now I will be more precise. I own a pair of B&W 802d: are 8.5 v2 fair for a 40sqm room, or it is better thinking of ref 9 (v1 or v2)? They are 8 ohm speakers going down to 2,5 ohm in deep bass.
Further: why ref 9 v1 shows more power (350 w) then v2 (300 w) on 4 ohm load?
Thank you for reply.
Knecht.

mcullinan

« Reply #47 on: 18 Jun 2007, 05:46 pm »
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Nuforce SE v2 with my new favorite speakers Merlin Music VSM-MXs.

Also people keep alluding to the harshnes of digital amps.. what harshness do they speak of, I dont hear any.
Mike

beachbum

• Vinyl Delivers all of the Music
« Reply #48 on: 19 Jun 2007, 01:33 am »
hey mike i agree with your statement on these amps, i think as with anything that is different and nu it takes time for hard liners and reviewers to change. i love the way my system sounds with nuforce gear. its so detailed, holographic, fast, and just fun to sit down and listen, there loss is our gain. and if v2 makes se better wow, have a good one.

mcullinan

« Reply #49 on: 19 Jun 2007, 01:56 am »
Hey... beachbum, what kind of speakers are those that you have there. I was looking at your system pic.
Mike

beachbum

« Reply #50 on: 19 Jun 2007, 11:49 am »
hey mike they are tyler linbrook signature system one piece, very good for classic rock and roll my favorite, and i guess most other music. they are a great match for my nuforce gear. the SEs easily drive them to classic rock volume levels,

mcullinan

« Reply #51 on: 19 Jun 2007, 01:09 pm »
They look like they ROCK! Mine are very loud for a 2 way, though I have to figure a way to get the wife and kids out.. hehe.
Mike

stingfan

« Reply #52 on: 20 Jun 2007, 08:34 pm »
Just thought I'd chime in on this topic.  I've got Zu Druids Mk4's, with Zu Libtec speaker cable, wired to my 9SE's (about to go in for V2 upgrade :) and P-8 pre.  Needless to say this combo is the best I've ever heard yet.  The Zu's are 101db efficient, so you could conceivably power them with a headphone amp, haha.  But the bass extension and speed of the 9SE's are shown off to their fullest potential with this crossover-less hyper efficient, hyper coherent, transient speaker.  Love 'em.  And no I'm not a rep for any audio product.  Just a serious listener, and big fan.  I've seriously contemplated upgrading to the Zu Definition's ($9000/pr) which do a full range 15hz-35khz and are pretty insane.  However, the 9SE's have given the Druids such great bass extension and tightness down at low frequencies that I'm so content as is right now.  Rock on.

beachbum

« Reply #53 on: 21 Jun 2007, 02:40 am »
hello stingfan and how you doen, what we have is a wide choice of equipment for us, and i could not be happier, for now my tylers have my attention front and center. i also have v2 in the future and that seems like a no brainier from what i have read. if only we could audition it all in our homes. as long as you are happy with your gear and the music is flowing nothing else matters. long live rock and roll