Le Amp II Finishes/Casework

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« on: 13 Apr 2003, 11:49 am »
Well, I'm definately planning on at least a pair.  Before I actually order them, though, I'd like to see a picture of the casework, at least.  What will the finished unit look like and what are the physical dimensions?  I'd like to be sure it'll fit where I plan to put them!

Lastly, will they be blued/black or silver/aluminum?  Will there be a choice?  I'd sorta like silver in a way, but good ol' basic black works, too. :D

_______________________________________ _______________

Hmm...I just now say Jason's pics from MAF.  Is that essentially what the finished Le Amp IIs will look like?  I like the looks.  Couldn't tell from the pics; is there some type of badging somewhere?  I couldn't see any name.

aaird

« Reply #1 on: 13 Apr 2003, 12:21 pm »
Actually, Mbarnes told me the prototypes are not going to look like the finished product.  The FP will have a small screen on the front which will say Le Amp II and will have '180 Watts RMS' or some derivation printed underneath.  I asked him if the bright blue LED he was using would be standard on the new product, and that's when he told me the Production units would be badged much differently.  
Also, it appears the finished product will sport different Heat sinks.  

As an aside, in my earlier review, I forgot to mention that the heat issue seems to be non-existent with the large heat sinks he used on the prototype.  I rested my hand on the 'sinks just to see how long I could leave them there.  I never had to take my hand off due to heat.  It was not ever going to burn my skin.   On a cold day they would have felt really great!  If the new heatsinks have similar heat dissipation abilities, then there will be no heat issues at all in the new unit.

Andrew

Anthony C

« Reply #2 on: 14 Apr 2003, 09:44 am »
I think the amp pictured looks much better than the original Leamp. Hopefully they don't change it all that much, especially the heatsink design.

Pez

« Reply #3 on: 15 Apr 2003, 03:56 am »
If you haven't already check out my gallery.  I have pictures of the prototype.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 15 Apr 2003, 04:37 am »
Thanks, Pez.  I checked 'em out (you have lots of good pix there, btw).  I was told that the LAII as shown isn't what the final product will look like.  But I'm not too worried; they'll eventually go into my upstairs system where no one will see 'em but me!