Super Tower II question

zapper7

• Its time to have fun, its fun to have time
Super Tower II question
« on: 9 Aug 2005, 10:52 pm »
I am still having some problems on the left speaker with occasional bursts of louder music than the right. Funny because the right is in general louder than the left and I need to adjust. Does anyone have ideas on this quirk? Might it be bad adjusting knobs on the rear? it seams to affect either the mids or tweeters, but is to fast to get up and listen to before it goes bak down. Would removing the adjusting dials be alright if that is what is causing this?

John Casler

Super Tower II question
« Reply #1 on: 9 Aug 2005, 11:00 pm »
Zapper,

Maybe Brian might have an idea, but sounds like a driver failing, or an intermittent connetion

If you suspect the pots then try this:

1) Get a small screw driver that fits the pot shaft.

2) Make note of where your setting is

3) Then "gently" turn the pot clockwise and counter clockwise as fare as it will go in each direction, about 20-30 times

4) Then reset the pot levels, and see it that helps.

Sometimes the wipers need to be "cleaned off".

Also check all you speaker wire connections and make sure they're good and snug.

zapper7

Super Tower II question
« Reply #2 on: 10 Aug 2005, 03:55 pm »
If it were the wires, that whole part of the speaker would be affected, not just mids OR tweeters. I am not sure about the pots you talk about. When I try and adjust the levels on the rear, the re seems to be no affect on the drivers and that is what makes me think it is those dials. What do you think?

John Casler

Super Tower II question
« Reply #3 on: 10 Aug 2005, 06:11 pm »
If I'm not mistaken the "rear" pot (or knob as you call it) is the volume control for the tweeter on top that fires straight up.

The two on the front are to adjust the tweeter and midrange front firing drivers.

I would still suggest the 20-30 back and forth twists, and while you're at it do the same thing to the "toggle" switch on the rear.

If that doesn't help maybe Big B can give you some further advise.

zapper7

Super Tower II question
« Reply #4 on: 10 Aug 2005, 07:55 pm »
Thanks alot, I would share a picture, but not sure how to put in/on message.