Ah the smell of my first solder job!

JoshK

« on: 12 Apr 2003, 12:23 am »
Ok, I officially cut my first teeth, popped my cherry, what have you!  I soldered my first joint.  Wayne (of Bolder Cables) traded me a bybee power supply (based on the modded art di/o supply) for my MMF-5 table. Turned out the DC plug wasn't the right size (my fault) so I went down to the pro audio city (the block I work on actually) on lunch break and picked up the right switchcraft plug (they have every part I could every want it seems, 400 sq ft room with nothing but audio parts).  

It turned out to be a really easy replacement. Cut some shrink wrap, desolder the wires, solder the wires to the new plug and shrink wrap again.  Cost me $4 and 20 minutes of work.  Listening to the fruits of my labor right now.  Sounds great!

Jay S

« Reply #1 on: 12 Apr 2003, 01:42 am »
Congrats, Josh.  I have yet to do anything myself.  I bought a bunch of soldering equipment a bit over a year ago and they're just as brand new today as they were back then!   :(

Ferdi

« Reply #2 on: 12 Apr 2003, 08:29 am »
Congratulations! Hope that this is the first of many!

I still vividly remember the first job I did on the inside of a component: I installed a new clock in my CDP and was very happy when (finally) everything worked again.