groneberg power cables

bunky

groneberg power cables
« on: 4 Aug 2005, 08:19 pm »
does anyone on this forum use groneberg power cables? i have overlooked this aspect of my system until now but this is something that i feel i need to address. is it true that sources and preamplifiers benefit more from aftermarket powercords than power amplifiers do? is there a dramatic difference between stock and aftermarket powercords? i am looking for input from people who use aftermarket powercords and any help with or opinions about them are welcome. thanks          sincerly  william c waldecker 3rd

byteme

groneberg power cables
« Reply #1 on: 5 Aug 2005, 03:23 pm »
I use the Groneberg power cables on both my Mono Extremes and a variety of other power cords throughout the rest of the system.  VH Audio is my favorite for non-odyssey gear.  Groneberg for the Odyssey.  Big difference over stock?  Yes.

zarco

power cables
« Reply #2 on: 7 Aug 2005, 05:53 pm »
I use groneberg power cables on my monoextremes...havent used any other cord on them but I am sure that they can be improved upon.I re[placed stock and some cheaper after market cords on my preamp and sacd player and was quite pleased with the gronebergs at that level.I recently replaced the gronebergs with Electraglide cords that retail for $1200 and $2000 ( gotta buy these cords used!)...what a differnce..easily compared with a component upgrade.Mixing and matching power cords can drive you crazy but I consider the right selection mandatory to get the most out of your system..just my opinion