We're ready to rock

Pez

We're ready to rock
« on: 11 Apr 2003, 03:11 pm »
Hey guys,
   The room is set-up and ready to go.  It sounds wonderful!!! Here are some pictures.  Come on Down!!! Room 604  :D  :D  :D

Hantra

We're ready to rock
« Reply #1 on: 11 Apr 2003, 03:18 pm »
Dang!

That's a NICE setup!  And a gorgeous Teres!!!!!

Good luck, and I wish I could join you all.

B

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
We're ready to rock
« Reply #2 on: 11 Apr 2003, 03:43 pm »
Quote from: Hantra
Dang!

That's a NICE setup!  And a gorgeous Teres!!!!!

Good luck, and I wish I could join you all.

B
 Looks Good , thanks for the pictures!! Could you give us a breakdown on all the equipement there ?   THANKS  and have a great show !!!

MaxCast

We're ready to rock
« Reply #3 on: 11 Apr 2003, 03:55 pm »
That looks great guys.  I have a feeling I'll be spending a lot of time in 604.

JoshK

We're ready to rock
« Reply #4 on: 11 Apr 2003, 03:59 pm »
Gorgeous Teres indeed!

nathanm

We're ready to rock
« Reply #5 on: 11 Apr 2003, 04:07 pm »
That second photo seems a little soft and lacking detail.  Didn't you put Tube-O-Lator on the CCD?  Well, perhaps after 100 hours it will sharpen up? :P

But seriously folks... :D

jcoat007

We're ready to rock
« Reply #6 on: 11 Apr 2003, 06:00 pm »
Very nice room.  Wish I could join you guys.  

Boy that Teres is Sweet!!!!

Well, perhaps after 100 hours it will sharpen up?  

Nathan, Nathan, Nathan - You have to stare at it for 100 hours to sharpen it up.  You can't just let it sit there.

Pez

Marbles has landed
« Reply #7 on: 11 Apr 2003, 06:40 pm »
Here he is guysk, drinkin' beer and listening to my set-up.   :D

Pez

We're ready to rock
« Reply #8 on: 11 Apr 2003, 06:47 pm »
that'sRob BTW

Equipment: Terre's TT, xa777es sacdp, QSC DCA3422 sub amp, BPT 2 and 4, Radii DPP 105 tube amp, Radii MNP-02 pre-amp, ART 310 crossover, Chris's tubed pre-amp (no idea what it is) mensa dio, Cal delta cdp, Bolder silver bullet bybee'd cryoed Nitros, cryoed Nitro Speaker cables, VMPS 626R w/ auric cap upgrade and FST ribbon upgrade, large VMPS sub, Mike's DIY tube amps (for back up)..... and I think thats it.  Gotta go having too much fun.  :D

nature boy

We're ready to rock
« Reply #9 on: 11 Apr 2003, 10:43 pm »
Jason,  

Now all we need is a Harry Belafonte vinyl disc on the Teres singing ...

"DI/O, DII I/O, daylight come and me want to hear more."  Apologies to Harry and his Calypso album.

Ugh, long day at work and my mind needs a rest.

NB

Jay S

We're ready to rock
« Reply #10 on: 12 Apr 2003, 01:57 am »
Man, those 626Rs with the full wrap dark oak and FST look really nice.

Kishore

We're ready to rock
« Reply #11 on: 12 Apr 2003, 08:05 am »
Cool Pic of IBMOM (Int Beer Man of Mystery)..how about rest of DAM pics?...

And let us know how it goes...

Cheers,
Kishore

BikeWNC

We're ready to rock
« Reply #12 on: 13 Apr 2003, 01:11 am »
When you guys get a free moment, can you comment on the Teres TT vs. the Sony XA777ES/Mensa combo?  

Thanks, Andy

Xi-Trum

We're ready to rock
« Reply #13 on: 13 Apr 2003, 02:14 am »
Hay Jason, when you have a moment (I know I know), can you attach some editorial comments for each pic?  Thanks.  Nice pics, btw.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
We're ready to rock
« Reply #14 on: 13 Apr 2003, 03:10 am »
Looks like you guys are having a blast there.  Wish I could be there too. take care.

Brad

We're ready to rock
« Reply #15 on: 13 Apr 2003, 03:33 am »
Just to repeat, d*mn that Teres is gorgeous!!!!!!!
 :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:
Miss you guys  :(

Wayne1

We're ready to rock
« Reply #16 on: 16 Apr 2003, 03:15 pm »
The Teres IS great looking and it sounds even better than it looks.

The MENSA DI/O and 777 combo did sound very good. The Teres with cocobolo platter, Schroder arm and Benz Ruby 2 cartridge sounded better through Chris Brady's highly customized phono preamp section. It also costs well over $10,000.00 :o

Matt Anker of SACDMods stopped by the suite a couple of times. He was carrying his own modified Sony 555 changer. He wanted to hear how it compared to the 777. While we were first hooking it up, he went off on how he hates op-amp output sections and how with the L-clock, power supply and ZapFilter it sounded so much better than a stock unit.

We took a listen and the modded Sony did sound better than the stock 777. It did have a deeper low end and a smoother top end. There were other folks wanting to here the system so we asked him to come back another time for any more comparisons.

The next day in the morning, he stopped by again. This time to compare the redbook section of his Sony to the Mensa DI/O. I hooked up the digital out of his Sony to the Mensa and we listened. The Mensa was even more extended on both highs and lows, tighter on the bass and better sound stage and depth. Jason made quite a few in depth comments. All I said was "Not too bad for an op-amp, eh?"  8)