groneberg ts premium cables

bunky

« on: 23 Jul 2005, 06:11 pm »
i have owned monster ref 2 . audioquest copperhead and groneberg quattro reference ic cables. the first two were about even in performance the quattro reference were clearly superior to both but after getting a very nice cd player from klaus i decided my system was worthy of another cable upgrade so i ordered a pair of groneberg ts premium ic cables to try out with my new cdp and nothing prepared me for the immediate and dramatic improvement in sound quality. does anyone else on this forum use these ic.s? and does anyone use the ts premium speaker cable?  i am seeking any comments or input on these cables. thanks.

mca

« Reply #1 on: 23 Jul 2005, 08:18 pm »
I don't have them, but wish Klause would update the Odyssey site with information on these cables. If the quality vs. price is anything like his other products, they are probably worth looking into  :D

W.C.

« Reply #2 on: 23 Jul 2005, 09:45 pm »
I have a Groneburg TS Premium Digital cable that I use. I plan on buying some TS Premium I/C's to replace my Quatro Ref sometime in the future. From preamp to amp I like Cardas Golden Cross. From amp to speakers I like Goertz MI-2 Python speaker wire.

hairofthedawg

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jul 2005, 09:32 am »
Eduardo's Odyssey site has the most info on the cables that I've found.

http://www.odysseyaudiomx.com/

there's some info on the Symphonic Line site but it's in German.  If the Vibrato is anything like Der CD Player, I'm sure you're enjoying the sound.

cheers,

Dick

byteme

« Reply #4 on: 25 Jul 2005, 03:11 am »
I use the TS premium IC's for my DAC to preamp and preamp to Mono Extreme connections and I use the TS Premium speaker cable for the Mono to Lorelei connection.  I went through a bunch - at least 15 - different ICs until I ran across a pair of used TS cables and gave them a shot.  I have not considered any other cable since.  As you said, it was immediate, dramatic and absolutely wonderful!  I don't know if it's the synergy thing or exactly what but these are excellent cables that don't get their due.

bunky

« Reply #5 on: 25 Jul 2005, 09:51 am »
i totally agree with you 100%. and i will talk to klaus about getting some of the ts premium speaker cable as well.

djbnh

« Reply #6 on: 25 Jul 2005, 10:18 am »
I use the TS Premium ICs between my preamp and amps. Very nice upgrade compared to the Quattro Ref. ICs, IMHO.

kbuzz3

feedback wanted
« Reply #7 on: 25 Jul 2005, 07:46 pm »
particualrly if anyone has used these cables with non-odessey components

bunky

Re: feedback wanted
« Reply #8 on: 25 Jul 2005, 08:02 pm »
Quote from: kbuzz3
im not sure what you mean exactly. would you please elaborate?

bunky

« Reply #9 on: 25 Jul 2005, 08:28 pm »
Quote from: hairofthedawg
Eduardo's Odyssey site has the most info on the cables that I've found.

http://www.odysseyaudiomx.com/

there's some info on the Symphonic Line site but it's in German.  If the Vibrato is anything like Der CD Player, I'm sure you're enjoying the sound.

cheers,

Dick
it is the most beautiful and well made audio component i have ever encountered. i took the cover off and looked inside and i could not believe the degree of workmanship that was lavished on this cd player. and this player sounds as good as it looks. i could not be more pleased with the symphonic line vibrato.

kbuzz3

« Reply #10 on: 25 Jul 2005, 08:38 pm »
Quote from: bunky

meaning experinces using klaus's cables with both his own and other branded equipment...like tubes

byteme

« Reply #11 on: 26 Jul 2005, 03:14 am »
Quote from: bunky

meaning experinces using klaus's cables with both his own and other branded equipment...like tubes

While I do have the Mono Extremes for amps and Lorelei speakers I use a deHavilland Ultraverve preamp, if that helps at all...

bunky

« Reply #12 on: 26 Jul 2005, 09:29 am »
i understand. the ultra verve is a very good tube preamp and a lot of people like a tubed preamp with solid state amplification. i am experimenting with a musical fidelity x-10 v3 tube buffer between my tempest and monoblocks i would love to have a symphonic line tubed pre.......... well maybe someday. thanks for everyones input.