What books, comics, myths and plays would you like to see

Bemopti123

« Reply #20 on: 12 Jul 2005, 06:41 am »
Good news, a short story called "Blue World" by Robert McCammon will be made as a film.  

The short story, as well as many of his other novels were underrated, but when read, truly deep in scope and ideas.  

Check the link:

http://www.robertmccammon.com/blue-world-movie.html

Hope that the filming company is not those makers of B movies, as there are sooo many out there.

ooheadsoo

« Reply #21 on: 12 Jul 2005, 06:46 am »
George R.R. Martin's Song of Fire and Ice series except I don't know if they would show everything, which would be disappointing.  Robin Hobb's Apprentice, Ship, and Golden series would also be incredible on the big screen.

Johng316

« Reply #22 on: 13 Jul 2005, 07:25 pm »
I'd like to see John Carter, Warlord of Mars.  :-)

Unfortunately, Martians don't wear clothes, so I think they would have to alter that detail for a mass audience.

The flora and fauna of Mars would be awesome, as would the gravity issues of fighting on Mars.

John

mcrespo71

« Reply #23 on: 13 Jul 2005, 08:17 pm »
I was always a big fan of Marvel comic book The Avengers, so I'd like that movie to come out.

Michael

John Ashman

• http://forum.adnm.com
« Reply #24 on: 13 Jul 2005, 08:48 pm »
I'd like to see "The Justice League", but from the funny era with a sociopathic Green Lantern (Guy Gardner), an angry and frustrated Martian Manhunter, an even more pissed off Batman, an inept Booster Gold/Blue Beetle, etc, etc.  That series of comics was hilarious.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #25 on: 13 Jul 2005, 09:03 pm »
So many comic heros and antiheros!  I wonder if there is a correlation here between future audiophiles and comics readers. :idea:

I would have a hoot with a Kevin Smith version of Paradise Lost.  I enjoyed Dogma. :wink:

R_burke

« Reply #26 on: 13 Jul 2005, 09:49 pm »
Quote from: woodsyi
So many comic heros and antiheros!  I wonder if there is a correlation here between future audiophiles and comic readers. :idea:

Yeah, we still haven't grown up, but that's just fine with me  :mrgreen:

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #27 on: 15 Jul 2005, 01:28 pm »
This morning I heard that a Chinese general is quoted to have said that China can and should, in his personal opinion, use "nuclear option" on us if we ever attacked the mainland in defense of Taiwan.  This brought back the 5~70's nuclear holocaust senarios and made me think of A Canticle for Lebowitz.  Why was this never made into a movie?

wshuff

« Reply #28 on: 15 Jul 2005, 01:45 pm »
I want to see Stephen Pressfield's Gates of Fire made into a movie.  There have been fits and starts, and I think at one time Michael Mann was said to have the movie on his plate after Ali.  Guess that didn't happen.

bubba966

« Reply #29 on: 17 Jul 2005, 06:00 am »
Here's an article on a few of the upcoming comic based movies.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/07/14/film.thenextsuperhero.ap/index.html