TS1R

rramraj

TS1R
« on: 1 Jul 2005, 05:08 pm »
Hi,
I am considering purchasing the TS1R which I believe has been discontinued. Im seeking feedback / advice as to whether I should go ahead and get it or go for something similar but of a newer model. This is my first venture into the world of single driver speakers. Appreciate any advice from you. Thanks

fabaudio

TS1R
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jul 2005, 05:28 pm »
Depending on the size of your listening room you could go for cheaper TS 3's.

rramraj

TS1R
« Reply #2 on: 1 Jul 2005, 06:15 pm »
Thanks fabaudio for the response. The speakers will be in reasonably large dedicated room. My concern with this particular speaker was that it has been discontinued. Were there shortcomings as such discontinued and subsequently addressed in the newer models. If there were positive feedback on these particular speakers by fellow forummers  I would feel a bit more confident in getting them. The hifi dealer presently has this model in stock. Any other model has to be brought in from the states to where I am i.e Singapore.

fabaudio

TS1R
« Reply #3 on: 1 Jul 2005, 07:18 pm »
Newer models have some improvements. But tomorrow's models will supposedly have  further improvements. And so on. Meanwhile you might be missing out on a good thing! Have you had an opportunity to hear the speakers?

fabaudio

TS1R
« Reply #4 on: 1 Jul 2005, 07:23 pm »
I have a suggestion - Google Omega TS 1 / 2 / 3 speaker reviews and read all you can about these speakers - especially the TNT audio reviews. I don't normally recommend reviews but the reviewers in question are pretty accurate and honest in their assessments.

Louis O

TS1R
« Reply #5 on: 2 Jul 2005, 01:56 am »
Hi rramraj,

Many thanks for your post and thanks fabaudio for your posts. Great advise.

I did discontinue the TS1s for the Grande 8s as I was getting a bit more bass with the larger cabinets. The TS1s I really liked, but was really getting to many speakers in the line and had to downsize. The speakers do a great job in medium size rooms and are very fast, which I liked a lot.

The good news is I have a dealer in Singapore with them in stock, so auditioning them is no problem.

The contact info is:

Sound Consultants
1A Toh Tuck Link
International Bearings Building #03-01
Singapore 6468 2022
Attention Eugene Ng
Tel: 97999787

Eugene is a great guy and will take care of you.

Thanks again,
Louis

rramraj

TS1R
« Reply #6 on: 2 Jul 2005, 01:35 pm »
Louis,
Its an honour to hear from the Master himself and not forgetting fabaudio my doubts have been cleared. Im getting  the speakers. Regards

fabaudio

TS1R
« Reply #7 on: 2 Jul 2005, 02:12 pm »
RRAMRAJ

Congratulations!

Try to play music as loud as possible without being arrested during the all important break-in period. Keep in touch and give us your early impressions then later on , say, after 150 hours of play.
 Enjoy,

Frank