Mini-Me Breakin

powerbench

Mini-Me Breakin
« on: 30 Jun 2005, 12:31 am »
I have now maybe 40-50 hrs on the Mini-Me's and they are really opening up with the breakin.Soundstage is wider ,more dynamics...bottom line ..enjoyable!!! :mrgreen:

Louis O

Mini-Me Breakin
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jul 2005, 01:24 am »
Hi powerbench,

The Mini me's take a little while to open up, but far less hours than the Super 3s. They have a longer throw and abit looer when new.

Talk to you soon,
Louis

powerbench

Thanks Louis
« Reply #2 on: 2 Jul 2005, 10:23 am »
I can definitely hear the difference,thanks Louis... :D

hideo

Mini-Me Breakin
« Reply #3 on: 3 Jul 2005, 09:42 pm »
so as a motivated Omega purchaser who was ready to lay down on the super 3s, I would sure appreciate a comparison between the super 3s and the miniMes ...

was hoping that Vinnie would chime in on the other thread, but he has a business to run and being self-employed, I understand that completely

BTW, I'll be running T-amps bone-stock (well, with chokes and lead-acid batts till I get the coin to send Vinnie my weekly payroll)

thanks in advance,

(lurker till now)

hideo

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Mini-Me Breakin
« Reply #4 on: 9 Jul 2005, 02:51 am »
Quote from: hideo
so as a motivated Omega purchaser who was ready to lay down on the super 3s, I would sure appreciate a comparison between the super 3s and the miniMes ...

was hoping that Vinnie would chime in on the other thread, but he has a business to run and being self-employed, I understand that completely

BTW, I'll be running T-amps bone-stock (well, with chokes and lead-acid batts till I get the coin to send Vinnie my weekly payroll)

thanks in advance,

(lurker till now)

hideo

Hello Hideo,

Welcome to Audiocircle!  Sorry I missed your post...I just read it.  Yes, I've been very busy, but I have heard both the Mini Me's and the Super 3's and I'll chime in on my impressions:

First, regarding built quality and finishing, both are fantastic...beautiful craftsmanship that is very rare that their prices.  Inside and outside, both speakers are well built!

To me, the Mini-Mes are more laid back sounding, while the Super 3s are more forward and faster sounding.  The Super 3's also seem to be able to be played louder than the Mini Me.  

Both speakers image very well, are a pleasure to listen to, and work well with the Clari-T.  

The Mini Me's are smaller than the Super 3's, which might be a factor if you are in a small room.  I find that the Super 3's are able to be placed close to the rear wall and still sound tight and clean, while the Mini Me's like to be pulled out more to sound their best.  

The Super 3's require a longer reak-in time (200 hours or more), but it is well worth the effort because they sound great when they are done!  The Mini Me's seem to finish breaking in after about 50 to 100 hours...that's it!

BTW, there is a new Positive Feedback review of the Clari-T + Mini ME combo that should be out soon...

Hope this helps,

powerbench

Mini me's for me...
« Reply #5 on: 10 Jul 2005, 10:51 am »
I agree with Vinnie  I have had the Mini-Me's for 2 months now and have moved into a new 'pad' and have to say the sonic impression is quite 'establised'  with proper positioning.
All Louis work is astounding accoustically /visually .
 I would say with a stock T amp your choice may be the Mini me.The stock T amp is fun but a little bright and muddled with some recordings ,the  higher end line of Louis work would be a tad too  revealing unless you upgraded to a Clari T or higher in the Red Wine food chain.Again this is my opinion as I have been running a stock T amp  last 2 weeks awaiting the return arrival of my ClariT.So I have compared a stock T amp with a stock and moddified ClariT.

Trust Vinnie and Louis ears .They have a good grasp ongood audio.
Also Vinnie is dead-on about  speaker placement,the Minime's have to be 1-2 ft from  rear walls min, 18 inches was best for me.
Good luck with your choices!! :mrgreen: