ClariT and Mini Me=Make Me Happy

powerbench

« on: 6 Jun 2005, 09:08 pm »
Frigging WOW!!! :o
Finally got my Mini Me's from Louis, hooked them up hastily this morning to the ClariT/modded 3960 and was delightful immersed in a new sonic bliss.I am not a verbose audiophile reviewer nor an English major so Ill keep this short and sweet.
The ClariT/Mini me  combo has a certain quality which I have never heard before with certain music ie jazz,blues,acoustical- guitar,instrumental,classical,vocals...but not nescessarily rock or techno music.I think the emphasis here has been previously mentioned by others  with the Clari T .The Mini mes are a equal companion in my experience so far.
Depth,clarity and a certain air of presentation.The ClariT is just that,an understatement.I have never heard  the equiptment remove itself so well from certain types of music.I would have to say it would meet the desire and appetite of a listener who looks for a revelation of the music in its more true form.It has to do more with art,I would even venture to  say the ClariT and Minime's are a form of art from two different symbiotic perspectives.
This equiptment  are not audio toys for the mass market but a pedigree for an individual palate,for those who listen and live on a plane which is driven by experience and appreciation above the norm.Taste and believe, thats all I can say.

miklorsmith

« Reply #1 on: 6 Jun 2005, 09:18 pm »
Well stated.  You have like-minded friends here.

ndpjr

« Reply #2 on: 6 Jun 2005, 09:58 pm »
Powerbench,

Congratulations on what sounds to be a great combination of equipment. Louis stated on a thread in the Omega circle that he used the Clari-T to voice the Mini's with. I bet they sound sweet together.

powerbench

Ps....
« Reply #3 on: 6 Jun 2005, 10:08 pm »
I put in Blue Rodeo 'Five days in July' a cool and good recording and almost sh#t myself...Wow it sounds better than ever!!!

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: Ps....
« Reply #4 on: 7 Jun 2005, 01:50 am »
Quote from: powerbench
I put in Blue Rodeo 'Five days in July' a cool and good recording and almost sh#t myself...Wow it sounds better than ever!!!

I've received many positive comments from my Clari-T customers, but this one might just take the cake!  :lol:

Thanks for posting!

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #5 on: 8 Jun 2005, 10:36 am »
I'm sure the sound will improve greatly as the drivers break in.

This stuff reproduces music, not a hyped, artificial "hifi" sound that so much of the mainstream, complex equipment provides.  Its most gratifying to know that for a reasonable price one can leave Best Buys, B&W, and the rest behind.  Example:  my next door neighbor has a $12,000 amp/speaker combo that I wouldn't trade him for my $2,000 amp/speaker.  His goes a bit higher/lower/louder, but mine makes music.

Yes, no one should expect small bookshelf speakers and a 3 pound, 6 wpc amp to do rock/etc.  But you might be very surprised at what adding a powered subwoofer might do for that.  Depending on the room/sub I've found that small speakers can be elevated into a whole new level when freed from low frequencies and the foundational bass is added.  Power handling, clarity, and dynamics are all signicantly improved.