A note on TARA TFA PhII geometry

aurelius

« on: 4 Jun 2005, 02:23 am »
Hi all,

A while back in this thread: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=16385&highlight=tara
there was some conjecture as to whether Tara PhII with Return has square or round conductors.  I received mine last week unterminated and I can unambiguously state that it uses round conductors (as New Old Stock, I was dubious that Tara's later technology would have been incorporated in anyones Phase IIs).

BTW, I believe that Tara are almost out... (<70ft remaining).  I ordered 70ft unterminated to wire up my Orions... I was questioned as to whether I wanted 70' of cable (hot + ground) or a 70' pair (2 x [hot + ground]).  The former order they could fill,  the latter they could not.

I will endevour to leave a couple of feet over so I can strip the cable and take some photos, do a twist count, etc.  I honestly believe that once Tara's stock is used up, these will be almost trivial to DIY using 18G solid core.

Regards,

Mark

Gordy

« Reply #1 on: 4 Jun 2005, 03:11 am »
Thanks for reporting back, Mark!  When I received my Taras a small section of the square wire was included, fixed to a brochure card.  The card went on to expound on the exclusive and magical properties that the technology delivered :roll:  , wish I still had the brochure!  Perhaps I was wrong in assuming that the square wire was incorporated in the phase II, it may have been an advert for one of their higher end cables???

All the best,
Gordy

RonR

« Reply #2 on: 4 Jun 2005, 11:33 am »
My 16ft terminated pair of Tara Phase II TFAs arrived yesterday.

38ft left and counting.......

Cheers,

Ron

jules

« Reply #3 on: 6 Jun 2005, 03:22 am »
Mark,

some pics of the Tara would be most useful although most of the details are in one of the past threads.

Hugh,

if it turns out to be true that Tara cables are no longer going to be available, would it be possible make a sticky for the  Tara recipe complete with Marks pics and any other acumualted wisdom on how best to DIY them?

It's sometimes hard to find a past thread and these cables are considered important to both Aksa amps.

jules

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #4 on: 6 Jun 2005, 03:35 am »
http://www.fatwyre.com/newspecials.html ...If you page down to the bottom of this page ...seems that the Tara Cables are still available at the Cable Company. And still at a VG price...:)

fajimr

« Reply #5 on: 6 Jun 2005, 03:54 pm »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
http://www.fatwyre.com/newspecials.html ...If you page down to the bottom of this page ...seems that the Tara Cables are still available at the Cable Company. And still at a VG price...:)

FYI-  just got my order in at 12 feet.  When I asked how much stock they had left, the operator replied "very little... very little"....

whew... looks like I just made it.  :D