Dipole surround kits?

chris_otto

Dipole surround kits?
« on: 3 Jun 2005, 04:06 pm »
I'm an aspiring newb to the hobby.  I don't have the equipment (or the time at least right now) to design and develop my own concepts so I'm cribbing off of existing designs and using them to tweak/learn.  

I recently built a pair of MTM speakers that my wife loves.  She wants me to replace the HT-in-a-box components we're using in the living room so it sounds more like our dedicated HT with the Axioms I bought last year.  The living room is very comprimised for the rear channels in a 5.1 layout and the direct monopoles we're using now sucks for imaging.  I'd like to replace them with a set of dipoles but I have yet to find a kit or design that exists that I can work with.

Anyone have any ideas to help me out?

Russtafarian

• Typical reaction to the music I play
Dipole surround kits?
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jun 2005, 04:39 pm »
How about a pair of Mangepan MMG-W speakers?  $300 a pair direct from magnepan.  Tonality and neutrality that can't be beat for the price.  Can be wall or ceiling mounted.  I absolutely love mine for rear channel speakers.

Parnelli777

Dipole surround kits?
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jun 2005, 08:23 pm »
I'll 2nd the Magnepan, but I would far more recommend the MC1 with 80-24 kHz over the 100-16 kHz MMG-W.

MC1 is twice the price, but WELL worth it. Then go to the 1.6 or 3.6 for the fronts, and you'll never look back at piston drivers in boxes again.