FREE: Charlie Hunter Trio live at the Stone Church, 5-26-05

nickspicks

Hey all..
I caught a wonderful Jazz band last night, the Charlie Hunter Trio.
Charlie is a master on the 8 string guitar.  3 bass strings and 5 guitar strings.  Neat instrument.  and ripping bass lines while comping chords on the other strings was way fun to watch.

The other players were drums and a guy on keys/horns who blew a mean sax and also played a bass clarinet that sounded so wonderful.  

My mics were right on stage, so this is not a PA recording, but an on-stage amp / real instrument ambient job.  
I'd like to offer up my recording for Blanks and return postage.

24bit / 96kHz files, either FLAC or straight up .wav or I can burn a hybrid DVD that will play on any DVD deck w/the LPCM tracks in tact.
Just PM me and I'll send you my addie and you can send a blank DVD so that I can fill it up and send it back.

source is:
Peluso CEMC6/MK21 wide-cardioid capsules (XY @ 90deg) > Edirol R4 recorder @ 24bit / 96kHz
Files tracked with wavlab

Charlie Hunter Trio
Stone Church
Newmarket, NH  5-26-2005

I shot some video on my camera.  You can catch it here:  www.nickspicks.com/mp3/charlie_hunter_trio.mov

Christof

Charlie Hunter Trio
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2005, 12:00 pm »
I am very interested in taking you up on your generous offer. Sometime ago I obtained a copy of a JMP show from you but it has disappeared any chance of grabbing another copy of that?

Thanks for your great contributions around here.

Chris