Odyssey Cyclops - Any reports by users?

MBWD

« on: 26 May 2005, 04:15 pm »
Just wondering if anyone out there has purchased the Cyclops and would like to share their impressions of this product?  If not, can someone point me to a review?  I have not been able to find out much on the Cyclops except some general prior posts here.   Thanks. . :!: - M

kevinm

« Reply #1 on: 1 Jun 2005, 01:11 am »
M,
I purchased a Cyclopse some months ago - had a Proac tablette 50 sig/Naim 72/HIcap/250 system and was looking for a second pair of speaks for HT, so I called Klaus to talk about his Epiphony monitors.  Klaus talked me into trying one.  I went for the upgraded Plitron transformer option.  Klaus is correct in that this thing takes a long time to break in and needs to be left on.  But I will say that I am selling my Proac/Naim system and that for the money it sounds wonderful.  Excellent soundstage and detail.  Sounds really good with the Epiphony speakers but sounds remarkable with the Ellis audio 1801.  I like it with the Gronenberg (spelling?) cables.  Maybe not as dynamic as an amp/active pre-amp setup but probably gives you more detail and more true to the music and recording.  Some stuff like Diana Krall and Allison Kraus is the best I have heard.  Hope this helps.  Kevin