New output devices for Omegastar power amp

Sam Loftin

New output devices for Omegastar power amp
« on: 26 May 2005, 01:53 am »
I wanted to write about the Hafler/AVA 250 power amp that you just added new output devices to.  I was waiting to listen a while and get a good idea of the change to the sound.  What I hear compared to the previous version is more clarity and focus, stronger bass, and a more relaxed presentation.  (I bought the Hafler amp new about 1980 and you have rebuilt it three times!)

I generally listen to vinyl - 60's and newer pop and rock music - most disks bought used.  I like the sound of vinyl because I can listen for a long time.  With CDs, I usually start thinking of other things to do before I finish one disk.  The newly upgraded amp really helps me enjoy the CDs more, as well has improving the sound of my well-used LPs.

BTW, Input sources are a SOTA Comet with Shure V15VMR, and a Rotel DVD player for CDs and DVDs.  Speakers are Vandersteen Model 3 with two Vandersteen subwoofers. (I dunno what the attraction is for audio designed by Dutch-Americans?)  Thanks again for another great product.