Kaki King's new one

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Kaki King's new one
« on: 22 May 2005, 04:03 am »
Okay, I guess it came out late last year, but I just found it a couple days ago.  For those who missed her debut, she's a young and unconventional guitarist.  Her music is definately quirky, to say the least- in addition to her pretty formidible technique, she whacks her guitar thru the songs as a percussion instrument.  If you liked the first one, "Legs to Make Us Longer" is more of the same, but better, more focused.  She actually has songs on this one! :lol:

Highly recommended. 8)

R_burke

Kaki King's new one
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2005, 01:47 pm »
I stumbled across her a while ago, like both of her releases.  Truly a great guitarist

sts9fan

good stuff
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2005, 02:09 pm »
I saw her open for Mike Gordan in 03 she is good shit. Kinda like Keller Williams with no lyrics

wshuff

Kaki King's new one
« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2005, 03:32 pm »
She reminded me a bit of the late Michael Hedges when I saw her on Letterman.  I've had my eye out for her CD but haven't come across it at any of the local BB and CC stores.

sts9fan

well
« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2005, 04:34 pm »
I think you should look for cds at a better store then those mass market crap holes.  :nono:

or the intrawebs :roll:

jt1stcav

• Li'l Sammy...she loves directly heated triodes!
    • http://www.freewebs.com/jt1stcav/
Kaki King's new one
« Reply #5 on: 24 May 2005, 03:44 am »
Kaki sure knows how to beat her Ovation...wonder how many spruce tops she goes through. Very impressive; I like her unique style.

MaxCast

Kaki King's new one
« Reply #6 on: 3 Aug 2005, 12:43 am »
Picked up "Legs" at BB the other day.  First listen...very good.  Can't wait for a more intement spin.    Recommendations can be hit or miss, this one is a hit for sure.  Thanks for the rec, Rob.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Kaki King's new one
« Reply #7 on: 3 Aug 2005, 04:00 am »
Here's another recommendation- change that friggin' helmet to a Vikes one! :P   Football season is almost upon us.  Or as Packers fans call it, "Crying Season." :lol:

BTW, glad you like the CD.

MaxCast

Kaki King's new one
« Reply #8 on: 3 Aug 2005, 01:42 pm »
Quote from: Rob Babcock
Here's another recommendation- change that friggin' helmet to a Vikes one! :P   Football season is almost upon us.  Or as Packers fans call it, "Crying Season." :lol:

BTW, glad you like the CD.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

NOOOOOOOOO  WAAAAYYYY.  Who's gonna win the NFC Central?????????  I think the door is wide open.

I think you mentioned another CD by Kaki.  Do you have it?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Kaki King's new one
« Reply #9 on: 3 Aug 2005, 05:16 pm »
The Central is already ours, bub! :lol:   Yes, I do have her first one, Everybody Loves You.  It features some great guitar playing and is enjoyable, but the songwriting is a step below Legs... Her songs on that one sort of meander along in an unfocused way while she noodles.  Still fun to listen to her whack on her guitar, though. :lol:

BTW, accept the supremacy of the Vikes before it destroys you! :P  :lol:

MaxCast

Kaki King's new one
« Reply #10 on: 3 Aug 2005, 07:13 pm »
I will never turn to the purple side!

See you Oct. 23rd.

mca

Kaki King's new one
« Reply #11 on: 11 Aug 2005, 09:14 pm »
I picked up both of Kaki King's CD'S the other day. Great guitar style and as an added bonus, they sound superb on the little Onix system   :D