NITRO PC

jasonc

NITRO PC
« on: 1 Apr 2003, 12:43 am »
How many have heard this power cord? Will be looking for a PC for my transport. I know the type 1 is best on amps and the type 2 front end components, where would you say the NITRO falls?  Thanks.

Jason

JoshK

NITRO PC
« Reply #1 on: 1 Apr 2003, 01:47 am »
I was one of the beta testers for Wayne's Nitro PCs. I got various PCs to test.  He sent me a Type 1, Type 2, Nitro and various plug terminations.  You can look up my review in the critics circle.  I think the Nitro pc was the one for me, easy recommendation.  It worked the best for me on my CD player so I imagine it would work really well with transports and DACs.  If you ask me I would push you to get the Furutech connectors as they provide an amazingly snug fit.  This might be just a vanity feature as I don't remember hearing any difference but it is worth it in utility.

The nitro's are basically his statement PC, use them on all your gear.  My digital amp though was indifferent to PCs, YMMV.

jasonc

NITRO PC
« Reply #2 on: 1 Apr 2003, 02:03 am »
Gracious :)

Pez

NITRO PC
« Reply #3 on: 1 Apr 2003, 05:34 am »
I concur with everything Josh said. I had an opportunity to hear them in my system and can say they were less harsh and just easy sounding if that makes sense :? Highly recommended.

Hantra

NITRO PC
« Reply #4 on: 20 Apr 2003, 06:26 pm »
Jason:

The Nitro is the best cord I have had in my system.  I tried the Type 2, a Cardas Hexlink, Stealth HAC, and the Audio Tekne.  

The Nitro was better than all of these.  at first, I thought it lacked a bit of detail over hte Type 2, but after I listened for a few days, and then went back to the Type 2, I kept the Nitro.  It isn't missing anything except maybe some of the 2's dryness.

HTH,

B