Trade Up Policy for Red Wine Audio?
« on: 11 May 2005, 11:35 am »
Just wondering...

With all the new products Vinnie has introduced,

With each being better than the ones before,

With all the talk of folks moving up from one Red Wine product to the next,

With Red Wine Audio being a one man operation,

And with all the Red Wine stuff still being very new,

I'd think that such a policy would be great to reach a bigger market faster and encourage even more R & D.

Note that AVA does this and they've maintained a very loyal customer base.  And I think Frank is well respected for practical, quality design with good service.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: Trade Up Policy for Red Wine Audio?
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2005, 11:55 am »
Quote from: JLM

Note that AVA does this and they've maintained a very loyal customer base.  And I think Frank is well respected for practical, quality design with good service.

Hi JLM,

Thank you for your thoughts on this.  

I took a look on AVA's site about their trade-up policy, which states:

"On equipment meeting all conditions for a Satisfaction Guarantee return, trade back the equipment to us within 30 days towards the purchase of other new AVA built equipment of greater value."

I'd be glad to offer something similar, and actually have done this for a few customers who loved the Clari-T so much, they returned it within the trial period for an upgraded version.  I need to work on adding a section to my webpage that covers this as nice as AVA's...they have a great page!

I also can upgrade a customer's Clari-T at anytime.  I've received quite a few back for upgrades such as Black Gates, stepped attenuators, subwoofer output jacks, upgraded RCAs and Binding posts, etc.  

All,

Please feel free to chime-in with your ideas on all of this.  I am always open to ideas!

Thanks,

Vinnie

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2005, 08:56 pm »
Vinnie,

Don't mean to making you feel compelled to doing anything in particular, but with long break-in times for equipment a 30 day trial isn't long enough.

Was wondering if I could trade a customized Clari-T in for a Teac/Monica, or if I'd be better off just selling the Clari-T on Agon.

thanks

Dave G

« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2005, 12:49 am »
JLM,

Check your PM

Dave