mjbchem

« on: 18 May 2024, 03:42 pm »
Hello Audiophiles at AudioCircle!
My name is Michael.  I am a retired professor of physics and have been into "stereo" equipment since I was 12 (1975).  I worked at a local, small stereo store from the ages of 18-26 on and off as my school schedule allowed. Those were the good ole days when even in my little town of 25k population there were 5 competing stereo stores.  Our store sold products for all interests and we made most of our money from "the junk" but we were the only game in town with true audiophile equipment.  We didn't see a lot of the audiophile stuff but it had very high margins and there was interest from many to at least demo the high end stuff in one of our demo rooms.  I saved up enough money and traded up from lower end equipment to higher and higher end as time went on.  This was made easier due to the fact that I was able to purchase at cost, otherwise I never could have afforded the equipment I bought at the time.  I still have two hafler power amps from 1991 that are in excellent working order that I use as mono block amps.  I have too many hobbies to list here and they all take up lots of my time and $$ lol.  I have recently gotten back into the audio world and have several projects ongoing including modifying some Maggies (crossovers), finishing up an audio entertainment room that is the loft in my barn (wife proof!). Currently working on bass traps, diffusers and sound reflection acoustic panels to "tune" the loft.  I hope I am able to share with others and I know I will learn a lot from members here on this forum!  I look forward to sharing our common interest in audio!
Michael B.
« Last Edit: 18 May 2024, 05:49 pm by mjbchem »

Phil A

Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2024, 05:51 pm »
Welcome to AC!

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2024, 05:54 pm »
Welcome to AC from a fellow Maggie owner.

Larry

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2024, 11:50 pm »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2024, 06:35 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC   :thumb: