Introduction

ndd99@pacbell.net

Introduction
« on: 11 May 2024, 08:35 pm »
I would like to introduce myself. My name is Neal Dawson. My main interest lies in the repair of windup clock work motors. I am currently workin on a Thoren motor where the wind up mechanism continues to turn. I think the spring is slipping. I am looking for someone that can perform this repair for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank and I look forward to any replies.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2024, 09:42 pm »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2024, 10:14 pm »
Welcome!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2024, 12:09 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC   :thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: 12 May 2024, 12:52 am »
Do you mean say a wall clock?
Its the main spring?
It is not warped or powerless?

In 1972 and 73 I helped out at my mother optical laboratory, where there was a jeweler, an watchmaker and a trainee, the watchman repair was friendly and I keep watch him fix the watches, he was very experienced and had a amazing skill with those minuscule parts.

The brands that most often came up for repair were Technos, Mondaine and Orient (which still exists), followed by Citizen, one day showed up an vintage Omega. Women's watches had incredibly small mechanisms and was difficult to see the parts. He used a small magnifying glass in his right eye during disassembly and subsequent assembly.

He cleaned all the mechanism with benzine prior to assembly, some clocks were left to soak in benzine until the next day for some reason.
Hope this help:
https://relogiosmecanicos.com.br/curiosidades/o-escapamento-de-ancora/