Motif MS-2001 200 watt per amplifier by Conrad Johnson $2750

apt_one

Fantastic sounding and the best solid state amo I have heard.
The MS-2001was the CJ company's top of line 200W stereo amplifier and the absolute best solid state amp I have heard ( I own mcintosh and the best kenwood supreme, had yba, bryston, linn klout and more.).

Amp comes with the original box and packing, copy of owners manual.

Cosmetically, the amp. I would rate it a 9 out of 10, sound quality wise a 10. Nom orignal rack handles- profid multiple handles or bolts to have faceplate flush without handles.

Hate to part with it. The motif line was designed, engineered and used better quality components than the standard Conrad Johnson line.

The Motif line, was the ultra high end offering . The Motif MS-2001 amplifier features MOSFET Input and Output stages. The face plate is quarter inch thick and is rack mountable. The case itself is high quality brushed aluminum. On the back are very high quality Teflon insulated RCA inputs and 5 way binding posts.

Product info
Motif amps are something of a collector’s item these days. Although it was part of the Conrad Johnson family, Motif took a different direction by focusing on solid state technology instead. The MS-2001 was a big block power amplifier with 200W per channel in 8 ohms and 400W per channel in 4 ohms. By big block, we meant the chunky rack handles, 1/4″ thick faceplate, a large transformer housed in an equally large housing and big heat sinks on the rear. The design is so yesteryear when every other power amp would look like this but in the face of the current crop of power amps, the MS-2001 actually look refreshing.

Plugging this amp into our system, we like how it maintains its authority over the music. Bass was well controlled and tight with a nice warm mid-range (although not as liquid smooth as a CJ amp) and nice extended highs. It works well with either solid state or tube preamps and this amp will easily drive any speaker. Built quality is first class.

Cosmetically, the amp is in excellent condition. It does not have original front handles and I will include alternate handles;nickel color and mahogany color, and shorter tapered bolts if you prefer clean faceplate with no handle look. So you have the flexibilty to tailor the look. I have original box and packing.

Pick up in Chantilly, VA 20151 preferred. Comes with original box and packing.