Hello there

karaokeroanoke

• Hi, how are ya?
Hello there
« on: 18 Dec 2023, 03:09 pm »
Hey there coming from NY, :D I'm a newbie in almost every sense of the word but I've always been interested in better audio since I first got to America.
I recently grabbed a Hifiman Edition XS after experiencing the QC issues everyone was talking about and now I've found an opportunity to fully get into the hobby.
I'm also quite interested in speakers as well but since my room is so small it's a hard one to nail down.

Phil A

Re: Hello there
« Reply #1 on: 18 Dec 2023, 03:28 pm »
Welcome to AC!

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #2 on: 18 Dec 2023, 04:05 pm »
Welcome!

Small rooms mean small loudspeakers.  Suggest looking at desktop versions like JBL 305P Mk2 or Kali LP-6.

karaokeroanoke

• Hi, how are ya?
« Reply #3 on: 18 Dec 2023, 04:24 pm »
Welcome!

Small rooms mean small loudspeakers.  Suggest looking at desktop versions like JBL 305P Mk2 or Kali LP-6.

Thanks for the warm welcome :) and the recommendations as well

Originally I had planned to get Sony SSCS5's from my local bestbuy refurbished for around $100 and then buy a DAC with it
then I also checked out the Neumi BS5 and Elac 4" but after looking around I realized the Passive and DAC setup would take up too much space on my already miniscule room
So I've decided to look into actives, besides the Edifier R1700bts I haven't found much stuff. I'll look into those two since I haven't seen them yet. Mainly because I've been looking for one with a wood aesthetic
a quick aside, does the Kali LP-6 come in a pair? since all I see about it image-wise is a single speaker

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: 18 Dec 2023, 05:56 pm »
Welcome tô AC :thumb:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 19 Dec 2023, 12:42 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC   :thumb:

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #6 on: 19 Dec 2023, 01:03 pm »
A couple of other small active choices are Serene Audio (single 3" driver) finished in wood and leather (truly a desktop loudspeaker) or Vanatoo Transparent Zero Plus.  Subwoofer recommended for both.

karaokeroanoke

• Hi, how are ya?
« Reply #7 on: 19 Dec 2023, 01:44 pm »
A couple of other small active choices are Serene Audio (single 3" driver) finished in wood and leather (truly a desktop loudspeaker) or Vanatoo Transparent Zero Plus.  Subwoofer recommended for both.

Absolutely love the look of the Serene Audio  :thumb: and I've seen the Vanatoo as well and have them on my list for when I save up. Thanks again especially the Serene Audio might be the thing I end up grabbing, It'll be a while due to holiday spendings though  :lol: