WTB VMPS RM30

sfrounds

WTB VMPS RM30
« on: 26 Nov 2023, 01:28 pm »
Hello all, I sold all my VMPS speakers a few years ago. If anyone is selling a pair of VMPS RM30M's please let me know. I would really prefer an original pair without upgrades. It may be a long shot but...

Thanks, Steve

Charles Xavier

Re: WTB VMPS RM30
« Reply #1 on: 26 Nov 2023, 01:41 pm »
Hello all, I sold all my VMPS speakers a few years ago. If anyone is selling a pair of VMPS RM30M's please let me know. I would really prefer an original pair without upgrades. It may be a long shot but...

Thanks, Steve

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/650043437-vmps-rm30-maybe-nicest-pair-ever-local-pick-up-only/

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ele/d/campbell-vmps-rm30-ribbon-speakers/7689367516.html

sfrounds

« Reply #2 on: 26 Nov 2023, 02:01 pm »
Thanks so much for the info on current sales. I am on the east coast so local pickup is not going to work for the ones in sf bay area. The other ones in Maryland have been upgraded. I am really looking for an original pair. But, hey I truly do appreciate someone getting back to me. It unfortunately seems as though recently missed a pair in PA and only moments too late.

I am willing to make a rather reasonably long drive or pay for shipping.

Thanks again, Steve

JakeJ

« Reply #3 on: 26 Nov 2023, 06:02 pm »
I think I might be compelled to drive across the country to get those Macassar Ebony RM30M's.  Drop dead gorgeous!

sfrounds

« Reply #4 on: 27 Nov 2023, 10:15 am »
They are certainly beautiful and the price is terrific for that pair. I am retired but traveling from coast to coast for a pair is pretty much out of the question.

Although those v60's listed may be worth it, but they are a bit large for my audio room

The black pair I missed in PA were under 1.5 hour drive from my home. I would have given him quite a bit more for them than he was asking.

I will have to just wait until something comes up.

Thanks again..

Regalma

« Reply #5 on: 27 Nov 2023, 08:39 pm »
I have a pair in Santa Cruz, CA, local pickup only. I posted in the VMPS circle over a month ago. One person is interested but is being slow to act. I will sell mine for low price if you can pick them up. Here is my description from my original post.

I have a pair of RM30's the version that came with 10" woofers. But when the downward firing passives rotted out I upgraded to the last version. the passives were removed and the holes boarded over. The 10" woofers were replaced with passive units. The crossover was modified per Brian's directions.
The cabinets are a dark African wood finish. I don't remember the name. They are the style with the extra interior bracing. The crossovers are the external ones (XO's). I have also added the ambient tweeters. The speakers come with the grill clothes.
The cabinets are scratched up bad in one place. The XO's could stand being repainted. Pictures can be provided.
These are local pickup only. I have boxes but not the shipping crates. I originally picked them up at the factory.

In addition to these speakers I have the original 10 subs, the four passive 6.5" units with the surrounds rotted. They would need to be fixed. I also have two extra ribbon tweeters with blown ribbons. I would include replace ribbons which I bought. They aren't hard to replace.
Let my know if you are interested.

sfrounds

« Reply #6 on: 28 Nov 2023, 10:59 am »
Thanks for the post. I would entertain purchasing them but I am on the Atlantic Ocean. If I had a reasonable way to get them here, I would consider it. Do you happen to have boxes for the speakers or any of the items?

Regalma

« Reply #7 on: 28 Nov 2023, 07:30 pm »
Sorry, misunderstood. I'm sure it would cost several hundred dollars to pack and ship them. Probably not practical for you.