Sparial Ultra 4 versus X_3

OldScott

Sparial Ultra 4 versus X_3
« on: 5 Nov 2023, 05:23 pm »
Granted that the X-3 has an internal bass amp giving it 98db sensitivity and the ability to be driven with an amp of small output is there any educated guess who how the ultra  with no internal bass amp and driven by a set 55 watt amp (Wavac MD-305) would sound in comparison???

Charles Xavier

Re: Sparial Ultra 4 versus X_3
« Reply #1 on: 5 Nov 2023, 06:24 pm »
What are you selling here?

Daryl Zero

« Reply #2 on: 5 Nov 2023, 07:07 pm »
This thread has to be moved to the Spatial Audio Circle.

I heard the Spatial Ultra X4s at PAF being driven by Don Sach's Valhalla integrated (not a SET) but which puts out 33 Watts and it drove those speakers fine.

OldScott

« Reply #3 on: 5 Nov 2023, 10:12 pm »
Selling?????? I am not selling anything made by Spatial. I am looking at BUYING and wanted to know if anybody could give me a their opiinion as to which speaker sounded best and why. So maybe this got moved to the for sale area in error and really should have remained in the main forum. So I will rephrase it.

morganc

« Reply #4 on: 6 Nov 2023, 03:20 am »
Selling?????? I am not selling anything made by Spatial. I am looking at BUYING and wanted to know if anybody could give me a their opiinion as to which speaker sounded best and why. So maybe this got moved to the for sale area in error and really should have remained in the main forum. So I will rephrase it.

I owned the X-5 and X-3 and I very much doubt that there is much difference between those and the X-4.  I have a strong belief that the main reason the changes to the passive vs active was just because of the supply chain issues with gettin the amps for the woofers In the X-3.  Those amps also failed often (I had one that did ) and it took over 6 months just to get a replacement.

The X-4s will sound great with a 50 watt tube amp as long as your room is not huge. If it's huge and you like loud music, get a 300 Watt instead.   

ZAKski288

« Reply #5 on: 7 Nov 2023, 03:02 am »

This is the latest speaker from Clayton Shaw, ex owner of Spatial Audio. This may be all you need.
Good luck.
Link
https://claytonshawacousticlab.com/

Tarheel

« Reply #6 on: 10 Nov 2023, 12:42 pm »
Darn....I just got my M4 Saphires with Sapele baffles!