Open Baffle "crossover" for LGK driver

NoahH

Open Baffle "crossover" for LGK driver
« on: 20 Oct 2023, 04:14 pm »
I need to rework my office for the endless zoom meetings I do all day. I don't have room on my desk for real speakers, and already have 2 serious systems in my house and don't want to start a 3rd in earnest.

Unfortunately, I have found that cheap sound bars and such are painful even for zoom, and I need to do something a step up from that. I was thinking about getting the full range LGK drivers and 3d printing baffles that would attach to the side of my 40" monitor like wings for a simple / cheap OB setup. The GR site says the LGK drivers are suitable for OB use, but does anyone have a filter / network design for OB use of the LGK drivers?

Danny Richie

Re: Open Baffle "crossover" for LGK driver
« Reply #1 on: 20 Oct 2023, 06:06 pm »
They would work well in an open baffle, but the lower end would have to be augmented with some other drivers.

Keep in mind that open baffle designs need a good three feet or more to the front wall. So that might not be ideal for an office if they are going on a desk.

However, the LGK 2.1 or 2.2 models might be ideal for your application, and they sound really good. 

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #2 on: 20 Oct 2023, 06:41 pm »
They would work well in an open baffle, but the lower end would have to be augmented with some other drivers.

Keep in mind that open baffle designs need a good three feet or more to the front wall. So that might not be ideal for an office if they are going on a desk.

However, the LGK 2.1 or 2.2 models might be ideal for your application, and they sound really good. 

I built the LGK 2.0 for my son’s desktop setup and it is excellent.  Requires very little space and we are running it with a very inexpensive 3 watt integrated tube amp.  Superb sound very cheap and very small.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353456119710?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=_4IuJVqfS0m&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

And

https://gr-research.com/product/lgk-2-0/

g3rain1

« Reply #3 on: 20 Oct 2023, 07:01 pm »
Is there room beside the desk? For my desk setup I just have XLS Encores on speaker stands.