8" sealed servo possibly in the future?

JCarney

8" sealed servo possibly in the future?
« on: 18 Oct 2023, 05:51 pm »
Will there be an 8" sealed version in the works/offered sometime in the future now that there are actually drivers in hand? In my mind an 8" sealed servo that could play down into the mid 30's would be lovely for small rooms, like mine. I know there are several irons in the fire currently at GR, so I thought I would ask.

Thank You,
JCarney

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
Re: 8" sealed servo possibly in the future?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Oct 2023, 07:29 pm »
We don't currently have plans for an 8" sealed sub, but it may be something we can consider in the future.
Currently the plans are for stand alone 8" OB subs, along with the NX-Otica with triple 8" subs.

JCarney

« Reply #2 on: 18 Oct 2023, 07:35 pm »
We don't currently have plans for an 8" sealed sub, but it may be something we can consider in the future.
Currently the plans are for stand alone 8" OB subs, along with the NX-Otica with triple 8" subs.

Thanks Hobbs. I have been sort of following the HAL 8" thread, and I would love ob subs, but alas not feasible. Well maybe I planted a seed and it will grow. :lol:

Thanks,
JCarney

BrandonB

« Reply #3 on: 19 Oct 2023, 12:00 am »
I seen the 8 in OB stack on HAL’s forum.  I couldn’t find how low these will go does anyone know?

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #4 on: 19 Oct 2023, 12:13 am »
Thanks Hobbs. I have been sort of following the HAL 8" thread, and I would love ob subs, but alas not feasible. Well maybe I planted a seed and it will grow. :lol:

Thanks,
JCarney

I've been secretly hoping for a DIY version similar to the Rhythmik FM8 for a bit now. Something with a high quality cabinet flatpack with loads of bracing, a huge amount of no-rez and proper polyfill, and the best quality drivers and servo amp.  :popcorn: Not knowing (but assuming) that the Rhythmik version is good but met a certain price point, I'd like to see an all out max performance version.

-Lloyd