The GR Headsets

Fltguy

The GR Headsets
« on: 16 Oct 2023, 04:48 pm »
Clearly I need the headsets that GR now has available.

Unfortunately, my integrated tube amp does not have a headset plug. How best to proceed?

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
Re: The GR Headsets
« Reply #1 on: 16 Oct 2023, 05:16 pm »
You will probably want to look at a dedicated headphone amp, that can handle the Verum 1's 8 ohm load.

The one we use for in house testing is the Drop (Massdrop) x Grace Design O2 + SDAC and it's a fantastic combo and quite cheap especially 2nd hand.
There is also an amp-only version called the Grace Design O2 if you wish to use a separate DAC.
The Schiit Fulla headphone amp we also have in house for our speakers doesn't sound nearly as good, imo. The more powerful Magni+ might be a better option

hawkeyejw

« Reply #2 on: 16 Oct 2023, 06:29 pm »
There’s tons of great (affordable) options for headphone amps. If you want to support a small business check out Geshelli Labs. Family business and just really nice people. They make some beautiful real wood boxes for their products too

OrangeAgent

« Reply #3 on: 17 Oct 2023, 02:05 pm »
On the affordable end, I really enjoy my JDS Labs Atom. Its got plenty of power for planar drivers, I really enjoy it with my Sundaras. Its warmish, which I enjoy because my DAC is on the measures well but clinical side.

Dragonflys are a cool option for portable use, and could not be simpler to use in a variety of situations, but when I am using my Dragonfly Red instead of my good rig which stays at work, it seems grainy and more congested in comparison.

rinzzlr

« Reply #4 on: 19 Oct 2023, 04:53 am »
« Last Edit: 13 Nov 2023, 08:09 am by rinzzlr »

Fltguy

« Reply #5 on: 23 Oct 2023, 01:09 am »
The Verum headphones operate at a very low 8 ohm impedance. Typically, headphones operate at or above 32 ohms. Should I limit my focus on headphone amps? :(