New member introduction

TRB1961

New member introduction
« on: 29 Sep 2023, 10:58 pm »
Hello,

I’m a new member looking to learn more about audio gear as I prepare to retire.  Looking forward to the journey!

TRB1961

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Re: New member introduction
« Reply #1 on: 29 Sep 2023, 11:57 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC   :thumb:

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2023, 11:33 am »
Welcome!

I'm 67 and retired.  Have been into stereo/audio for 50+ years and have swapped out too much gear.  As you age your high frequency hearing will/has diminished (I wear hearing aids now).  Recommend active monitors that studio professionals use  (built-in amps that the manufacturer has matched to the drivers, one channel per driver, sophisticated low voltage crossover that can include DAC, room correction, and more).  That takes care of everything of importance but the space (room) and source.  CD quality streaming is the way of the future but you need to be computer savvy to deal with it.
« Last Edit: 1 Oct 2023, 11:49 am by JLM »

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 30 Sep 2023, 12:57 pm »
Welcome!

ShortBtwnHdset

« Reply #4 on: 30 Sep 2023, 09:45 pm »
Hi! I'm also just starting here. I'm not quite sure of what your preferences are and where your hearing is at (considering hearing loss among with silver hair), but for me, it was much more economical to purchase an endgame system in the headphone realm. Even with some HF loss, my sound is amazing. There are enough options available to where acquiring a system comprised of TOTL gear is doable within a few years, if you shop the used markets. Just my 2 cents!!! :D