Newbie here

rish_077

Newbie here
« on: 22 Sep 2023, 06:06 pm »
Hi
Just wanted to introduce myself.
I recently setup my HT with Samsung 75" TV, Pioneer Elite SC-71 AVR, fronts are a pair of Infinity Primus P363, The center is Infinity PC251 and the surrounds is a pair of Energy A2+2.
I do have another listening setup with Technics SA-TX30, a pair of Ruark Sabre 2 and Sony SA-WMS335 subwoofer, JVC XV-S300 DVD player for playing CDs and recently added Audio Technica AT-PL50 to listen to Vinyls.
Don't have much of a music collection but willing to add some good live music with great vocals
My go to track for auditioning is Eric Clapton's CD Chronicles track 5 Layla. Love the way that track sounds and creates a soundstage.
Would love to know more of similar tracks.
Am also not sure if I should be looking for a SACD player instead of my regular DVD player. If it will really improve the listening experience.
Any suggestions from the fellow audio people here is welcome.

Phil A

Re: Newbie here
« Reply #1 on: 22 Sep 2023, 09:19 pm »
Welcome!

richidoo

« Reply #2 on: 22 Sep 2023, 09:34 pm »
Welcome to AudioCircle!

If you're not already using lossless streaming service like Qobuz or Tidal, you should check it out.
Then you have access to literally "all the recordings" and you can poke around finding lots of new stuff.

Your receiver is fancy enough that it might be able to stream directly from a streaming service, or from your phone app which would make it very easy to try.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 23 Sep 2023, 03:51 am »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: 23 Sep 2023, 02:57 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC   :thumb: