Audio Physic Virgo II - Very Nice Condition - Cherry - Philly Burbs Local

nurxhunter

$1250 firm. Local pickup at or near 19380. A pair of Virgo II speakers in cherry (I believe) in solid 8/10 condition--you have to look with good light to see the non-significant tiny nick or two. I might be able to meet in or near Philly.

Offhand, I can't think of a more iconic design, particulalry with respect to soundstage, disappearing-act, and  especially the tight bass output for a speaker with manageable size and quite high WAF.  I like well produced classic rap and RnB; but did not feel any need for a sub in my 17' X 13' X 9' LR, which opens to an entry-hallway with 16' ceiling. Joachim Gerhard, 38 year old President of AP at the time, outdid himself with the superb engineering that went into this design, which has made Audio Physic famous to this day. I read a lot of user reviews on these on Agon, AA and AR, all of which were very positive. Not often does a senior Stereophile editor do a 7-page subjective review and  even less often for 3-pages of measurements by JA, whose final (gush) comment is:
I agree with MF: this a superbly engineered loudspeaker that happens also to sound quite wonderfully musical!—John Atkinson.  I do happen to agree with the subjective review, which is worth reading, even if you have little interest in buying these.  Selling these and other gear soon to downsize ahead of retirement and possible move.  Thanks for looking.  PS - I should mention my perfect feedback at all the usual sites for 20 years.
https://www.stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/147/index.html