New user intro

tizenketto

New user intro
« on: 17 Sep 2023, 01:53 am »
Retired audio junkie, electronic hobbyist, and jazz lover. I have lots of vintage and new audio equipment, most unused. I like building amps and started with tubes about 50 years ago but I have built/modified/repaired a bunch of early discreet solid state and JFET and MOSFET amps. Looking to find a GaNFET design to give a try. I do have a couple of setups I listen to most of the time. My main speakers are Klipsch Cornwalls and Heresies, AR7s, Advents (Original and extra crispy Smaller) that I have redone among others. I bought the Sony CS5s after hearing them at a friend's house. Not bad, decent bass but kind of congested sounding. I bought the upgrade kit after watching Danny's video (awaiting arrival). 
I have never scratch built a speaker so that is on the bucket list. At this point in my life I just want to listen.

Dodek Tizenketto
Minister of Time

BTW: What is the common word for unsolicited advertising (four letters, starts with s) - _pam. I say _hit.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: New user intro
« Reply #1 on: 17 Sep 2023, 02:16 am »
Welcome to AC dear hobbist, please dont be shy to post photos :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 17 Sep 2023, 02:26 am »
Welcome!

tizenketto

« Reply #3 on: 19 Sep 2023, 03:12 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I received the upgrade kit yesterday and I will listen to the stock CS5s for a few more days before the transplant. Is there a link to or some hints about fitting the the NoRez in the boxes?

Also is there a Buy/Sell/Trade section here? Much to get rid of so I can get more.

Phil (my real name)
Prince of Insufficient Light

My portrait by Scott Adams

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: 19 Sep 2023, 04:23 pm »
Yes, this is the Trading Post Circle :
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=109.0

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 19 Sep 2023, 07:16 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Phil  :thumb:

tizenketto

« Reply #6 on: 20 Sep 2023, 04:20 pm »