Newbie - doing first speaker upgrade on B&W 606S2

RossM

Newbie - doing first speaker upgrade on B&W 606S2
« on: 2 Sep 2023, 03:29 pm »
Took the plunge on my first speaker upgrade, doing a pair of B & W 606S2 after seeing Danny's video on these. My hands aren't so steady anymore, so we'll see if I can do the soldering, let alone trying to assemble a completed crossover board small enough to fit through the small woofer opening in the standmount speakers. If this works out, I'll do a second upgrade on a pair of Klipsch 802 II. More room in that box.

Phil A

Re: Newbie - doing first speaker upgrade on B&W 606S2
« Reply #1 on: 2 Sep 2023, 10:12 pm »
Welcome to AC!

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 4 Sep 2023, 09:34 pm »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:

RossM

« Reply #3 on: 18 Sep 2023, 10:08 pm »
Hello all,
As in my 1st post, doing a GR Research crossover upgrade on B&W 606S2.
Basic Question - is it OK to use a commercial assembly (PCB) board (that is, fiberglass or plastic board, many pre-drilled and copper(?) lined holes to help assembly and soldering, or does all the conductive stuff around the holes foul up inductors or something else? This type of board would be easier for me to work with, but don't want to negatively affect sound quality. Thanks

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: 19 Sep 2023, 01:55 am »
The difference will bê neglegible since you already are using a xover.
You dono need a PCB either, you cán solder the parts leads and not use aditional PCB solder.
« Last Edit: 19 Sep 2023, 04:29 am by FullRangeMan »