sold CNC Phono Stage by Audiokarma crowd

dvzzz

sold CNC Phono Stage by Audiokarma crowd
« on: 13 Aug 2023, 11:55 pm »
For sale (price is $150)  is one of the best Phono stages that I had a pleasure of owning. This modestly priced Phono stage was playing with my Technics 1200G for several months until I sold my vinyl setup and it delivered every time record was on. I had compared CNC to many Phono stages (including Graham, PS Audio, Arcam) and I kept CNC. I do like the sound of OPA1642 opamps and this is how it is setup now. The stock opamps NE 5532 in DIP package included as well. Please read on this. It is truly that good.

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/another-super-high-end-phono-stage-no-expense-spared.371889/

I am also separately selling LME49990 x4 chips from new old TI stock, those are extremely hard to buy as they are long out of production, I did not solder LME49990 opamps on SOIC-to-DIP adapters, so they sit in the box brand new unused, those are ultimate sound upgrade that one can buy for CNC. I was able to source LME49990 after many months of searching. Pls do note that Chinese LME49990 copies are not the same as original LME 49990. Ping me if you want LME49990, I paid $80 for them and $10 for adapters, just looking to recover my costs.

Audiokarma folks had designed this outstanding CNC Phono Premp boards. Boards were built by Sachin himself (Audiokarma id sachu888). You can read on Audiokarma what people have to say about this wonderful Phono.

I had thoughtfully assembled it all into a CNC Phono preamp. Mounted the power supply and phono boards into a full aluminum metal Hammond enclosure. Only TubeDepot hookup wires were used (those come pre-twisted for noise cancellation). Neutrik RCA female connectors. High quality soldering job with eutectic Cardas solder and everything was inspected with 50X microscope post-assembly. I took time and so did Sachin on boards.

Will come with high quality wall power transformer.

« Last Edit: 9 Sep 2023, 01:45 am by dvzzz »

cllogan

Re: FS: CNC Phono Stage by Audiokarma crowd
« Reply #1 on: 14 Aug 2023, 10:27 am »
Hello
Can 9v batteries be used to power the phono?I am very interested in purchasing.
Thanks Gordon

dvzzz

« Reply #2 on: 14 Aug 2023, 12:29 pm »
Yes, @cllogan absolutely, it is designed for batteries primarily. I must say the power supply is incredibly quiet but many use CNC with batteries.
You can simply disconnect the power supply and connect batteries. Detailed instructions how to do it are included.

dvzzz

« Reply #3 on: 14 Aug 2023, 12:33 pm »
Absolutely can be used with batteries. It is designed for batteries. Detailed instructions will be attached on how to do it. I must say that power supply that Audiokarma guys designed are incredibly quiet too.

Hello
Can 9v batteries be used to power the phono?I am very interested in purchasing.
Thanks Gordon

ceylon

« Reply #4 on: 25 Aug 2023, 04:58 pm »
whars with he wall wart? isnt itsupposed to be 9V batteries x2?

EDIT:
funny those comments werent there when i hit post. ok, so where are the battery connections for the phono? i dont see em in any of the pics.

dvzzz

« Reply #5 on: 25 Aug 2023, 05:51 pm »
You can order only the Phono board or Phono board + specially-designed ultra low noise power supply from Sachin. When you buy the combo of Phono and power supply, you will need to add a wall transformer (wall wart you see this is a transformer not a power supply), power supply is in inside the Phono box next to Phono board as pictured. Sachin and many other AKer measured and blind tested and batteries vs. AK power supply, they could not hear.
I bought the combo and  a high quality wall transformer. This is what I am selling as this is recommended even by Sachin himself. Of course I can unsolder the wires to the Power Supply and add 9V connectors but that would be a giant waste of a super well designed ultra low noise Power Supply. If you prefer I can change it to the 9V batteries-only easily but we need to agree on the deal and pay before I make that change.
Many buyers prefer CNC with the Audiokarma's Power Supply and Wall Transformer so that they do not need to run to the Phono and change batteries several times a week.

whars with he wall wart? isnt itsupposed to be 9V batteries x2?

EDIT:
funny those comments werent there when i hit post. ok, so where are the battery connections for the phono? i dont see em in any of the pics.

dvzzz

« Reply #6 on: 30 Aug 2023, 09:15 pm »
Price reduced to $130.