Allow Me to Introduce Myself, I am a Man...Sorry got carried away there...

Mohwak

Hello Audio Circle,

I am a fellow audio guy that really enjoys vintage gear. I also have a thing for Hitachi/Lo-D turntables. Also love some Grace, Pickering, Garrott and Stanton carts.  If any of you are members of AK, I am from that site, as well as, VE, LH, and a few others.

Looking to just poke around here and see what this forum is all about and gain some knowledge.

Below are some tables I am setting up from recently moving. All are Hitachi/Lo-D. TU-1000, HT-860 and HT-840.

twitch54

Welcome Mohwak, that's close to the the first name of one of the railroads I used to work for (Mohawk Adirondack & Northern)

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
The last TT I had was a Sony PS-T10 direct drive which broke the motor in few years, even being little used, I came to conclusion Sony TTs and SACD players are all mediocre equips made to broke by planned obsolesence.

These Hitachi are reliable?
« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2023, 03:04 am by FullRangeMan »

Phil A

Welcome!

Mohwak

I find Hitachis very reliable. Though the TU-1000 was rebuilt by the person I purchased it from. The HT-860, I gave a good once over and replaced the capacitors and the two tonearm belts. It has been a solid performer. The HT-840 has not been touched that I know of and performs very nicely. One of my faves from the line is a very simple table, HT-550. I feel the Hitachi line usually punches above its weight class and usually at a better price than other vintage tables.

Thanks for the "welcomes" and if I can ever impart what little knowledge I have I am always happy to share.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Thankyou for this detailed report, much appreciated.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Greetings & Welcome to AC   :thumb:  Nice setup.  8)