GR Research speaker cables upgrade

Denton J

GR Research speaker cables upgrade
« on: 17 Jul 2023, 05:25 pm »
I wanted to share my experience in switching from basic spool diy cables to the speaker cables GR Research has for sale. Previously I had 16 gauge speaker cable I put banana plugs on. The run was roughly 10' to each loudspeaker I made from a spool I purchased from Crutchfield. I switched from the speaker cable I was using from Crutchfield to some speaker cable I had put together by GR Research. There was a noticeable audible difference between the two.  I don't see any reason why I would pay more money thru a mass manufacturer to have this level of quality.

- J
« Last Edit: 17 Jul 2023, 07:23 pm by Denton J »

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: GR Research speaker cables upgrade
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jul 2023, 12:31 am »
Better quality materials and better quality parts leads to better sound.  For some that seems shocking but for me it’s obvious. 

Denton J

« Reply #2 on: 18 Jul 2023, 01:14 am »
I can add for the money, the GR cables punches well above their cost. The cost difference of the diy spool & banana plugs vs the 16 strand & build option was only a couple of hundred more.  For what you get, they probably compete with 1k cables from audio quest or other mass made products.  A pleasant surprise.

350Industrial

« Reply #3 on: 18 Jul 2023, 01:38 pm »
I have a pair of $2,700 Kimber cables up for sale after finishing my GR speaker cable build, if that tells you anything.  And it wasn't even close.