Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

Nilswilly

Sonus Faber Venere 2.5
« on: 11 Jul 2023, 01:24 pm »
Hi!
My name is Nils, and I live in Norway!
Recently I bought a used pair of Sonus Faber Venere 2.5 based on their sexy looks and some good reviews, hoping that the measured midbass excess would be tolerable. Alas I do find it a just a little bit over the top in my room. I can, however, also think of fixes, but then I will need to remove the face plates and drivers to get into the speakers. I've seen the video made by GR-Research, and removed all the screws holding the panels, but the panels still seem absolutely stuck, and the video tells nothing of what to do next!
So my question is: Can anybody tell me how to proceed without damaging the delicate finish?
Best regards Nils
« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2023, 02:08 pm by Nilswilly »

Nilswilly

Re: Sonus Faber Venere 2.5
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2023, 03:39 pm »
I think my problem has been solved. The baffle/front plate stuck as if glued because it actually WAS glued - by som sticky, non-hardening adhesive! I'm now looking for the right tool to loosen it little by little.  :lol:
« Last Edit: 12 Jul 2023, 05:16 pm by Nilswilly »

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2023, 09:02 pm »
You might want to use a hair dryer to heat the adhesive, it should help make it softer and a little easier to remove the front baffle from the cabinet without worrying about damaging the finish. especially since it doesn't get as hot as a typical heat gun.

jmimac351

• Chief Instructor - ChinTrackDays.com
« Reply #3 on: 11 Jul 2023, 11:45 pm »
You might want to use a hair dryer to heat the adhesive, it should help make it softer and a little easier to remove the front baffle from the cabinet without worrying about damaging the finish. especially since it doesn't get as hot as a typical heat gun.

No thanks to me and Dynaudio Esotar tweeter shipping damage paranoia... Hobbs is an authority on adhesive removal.  :duh:

Jim McGovern

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 12 Jul 2023, 02:52 pm »
well you definitely need to keep high heat away from soft dome tweeters as it can cause them to deform and ruin their response.
It's less of an issue with metal dome tweeters, but starting from the bottom and working your way up on the Venere 2.5s will be the safest approach.

Nilswilly

« Reply #5 on: 12 Jul 2023, 05:11 pm »
The front plate actually came off pretty easily. I used a hammer and a wooden wedge to loosen the plate from the baffle behind, starting with light blows at the top joint, and then working my way down. No heating needed. Thanks a lot anyway. Best regards Nils.
« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2023, 11:44 am by Nilswilly »