Upcoming Concerts

Scott F.

Upcoming Concerts
« on: 26 Apr 2005, 02:27 pm »
Don't know if anybody is interested but I'm planning on going to see Eric Johnson at Mississippi Nights on Tuesday June 14th. I'm also hitting Hagar at Riverport on May 14th.

I saw a couple of others that might be interesting
.....at the Orpheum
Sunday, July 10 - Lyle Lovette
Friday, Sept. 9 - Buddy Guy

..... Ameristar (the crack factory) Bottleneck Blues Bar
June 23rd - Little Feat

Deadfish, I know Blues on the Mississippi is coming up. I haven't seen any listings yet though.

Has anybody else seen any concerts that look interesting? We still need to set a date for Chuck Berry. Speaking of Chuck, this is really late notice, Friday nigh at the Pagaent Joe Edwards is hosting a benefit concert for Johnnie Johnsons widow, Frances. Anybody thats anybody in the St Louis Blues scene is going to be there including Chuck Berry and Henry Townsand. Heres the scoop from the Pagaent;

A JOHNNIE JOHNSON MEMORIAL CONCERT
To Benefit Frances Johnson & Family

with

Chuck Berry, Henry Townsend, Johnnie Johnson Band, Bennie Smith, Silvercloud, Barbara Carr, Billy Peek, Larry Thurston, Mae Wheeler, Rich McDonough Band, Marsha Evans, Uvee Hayes, Rondos Blues Deluxe, Stacy Johnson, Kim Massie, Beau Shelby, Jimmie Lee & River City Blues, Oliver Johnson, JR Reed, Soulard Blues Band, Butch Wax & the Hollywoods
Doors: 7:00 PM   Show: 8:00 PM
General Admission - Limited Seating:   $10.00 - All Ages

With all those folks performing, this concert could last all night.

DeadFish

Upcoming Concerts
« Reply #1 on: 27 Apr 2005, 12:45 am »
Man!
That list for the Johnson benefit is a slam-dunk of a good time!
Wish I could make it.  
Can't think of a better wake!

Have you seen the inside of the Orpheum yet, Scott?
Sounds great for Lovette.

Yah, ol'lady was pawing the internet this morning looking for new listings.
She was teasing me about going floating with Brewer and Shipley via that B&B place down in MO. you was telling us about, whose name TOTALLY escapes me at the moment....

...shouldn'ta married a younger woman.  gonna have to get more vitamins to keep up with her this summer....

Regards,
DF

jcrane

Upcoming Concerts
« Reply #2 on: 2 May 2005, 10:49 pm »
Isn't James Taylor coming to town?
I also now this thursday Widespread panic are playing the fox but they are sold out I believe.

I really wanted to see Sammy and Michael this summer but I am working that night too.

Jamie

PS
I think I heard Tom Petty is playing this summer too.

http://www.pollstar.com/tour/searchall.pl?Content=C-MO_Saint%2BLouis&StartSearch.x=11&StartSearch.y=4&Market=Y&Date_From=Today&Date_To=05-02-2007&By=City&PSKey=Y

jcrane

Upcoming Concerts
« Reply #3 on: 2 May 2005, 11:13 pm »
After looking over the pollstar listings, I really think I am going to have to see Bob Dylan and Willie Nelson. The Zooma tour is going to rock also, Trey (from Phish) and Ben Harper headlining with a few other acts thrown in for good measure.
Not to mention about 30 other shows. Man I need to win the lottery!

Jamie