We will miss you Bruno!

Carlman

We will miss you Bruno!
« on: 25 Apr 2005, 02:12 pm »
If you did not know, Bruno is leaving the U.S. fairly soon (within a few days I think)... and I wanted him to know that AC and especially the NC AC folks will miss him.

Bruno is a leader in foam-cocoon technology and I feel certain will reproduce his experiences abroad. ;)

I spent a little time with him yesterday comparing various amplifiers... I brought my DK integrated and the EE M520 for a listen.  There were quite a few differences and overall I was impressed with how well the digital amp sounds compared to the others.  I would still prefer the EE tube amplification overall, though.... But the Sharp amp was about $700 compared to the EE which is 1800.  The DK is 3,k... Also, I think one of my tubes is going bad on that amp.... I need to check it out.  (one of the problems with tube gear)  Also, weight, size, and heat were all bigger factors in Bruno's nearfield setup than with mine.

Anyway, I had a great time and thanks for the free stuff! :)

BEST WISHES!!!

BrunoB

Re: We will miss you Bruno!
« Reply #1 on: 25 Apr 2005, 02:55 pm »
Quote from: Carlman
If you did not know, Bruno is leaving the U.S. fairly soon (within a few days I think)... and I wanted him to know that AC and especially the NC AC folks will miss him.

Bruno is a leader in foam-cocoon technology and I feel certain will reproduce his experiences abroad. ;)

I spent a little time with him yesterday comparing various amplifiers... I brought my DK integrated and the EE M520 for a listen.  There were quite a few differences and overall I was impressed with how well the digital amp sounds c ...

Thanks for the best wishes Carl. I really liked the EE: it was a lot of fun listening to the music with this amplifier. Soundstage was bigger (more reverb), less brightness , smoother , more musical. On the other hand the Sharp was faster (more realistic) and I had the impression that it had more bass. Both the DK and the EE were monsters compared to the tiny Sharp.

Here is a picture of Carls 'EE:

I wonder why Carl asked me to take a picture of my cable elevator?

Bruno

Bemopti123

We will miss you Bruno!
« Reply #2 on: 25 Apr 2005, 02:59 pm »
Where are you from Bruno and where are you headed?

BrunoB

We will miss you Bruno!
« Reply #3 on: 25 Apr 2005, 08:27 pm »
Quote from: Bemopti123
Where are you from Bruno and where are you headed?

I am from Belgium and I am going back to Belgium.

No more foam in my living room! Following my friend's suggestion who helped,  I reconnected the speakers. The sound was still very enjoyable and musical, imaging bass , soundstage are by far not as good, but the texture, midrange and treble are still there.  This made me realize how much I like the VMPS 626 BrunoB edition!
  :mrgreen:

Lensman

Bruno in Belgium
« Reply #4 on: 25 Apr 2005, 10:05 pm »
Bruno,

I have two questions:
1.Will you post a message from Belgium so that we know you arrived ok?
2.Will you build a new cocoon in Belgium?

schöne Abschiedsgrüße
Lensman

Bemopti123

We will miss you Bruno!
« Reply #5 on: 25 Apr 2005, 10:15 pm »
Was in Belgium back in 2000.  Great country, quiet, with excellent food and the array of beer is more than amazing.  

I am curious about this cocoon that people have been discussing.  Do you have a pic of this room?

Paul from NYC.

BrunoB

We will miss you Bruno!
« Reply #6 on: 28 Apr 2005, 12:06 am »
Quote from: Bemopti123
Was in Belgium back in 2000.  Great country, quiet, with excellent food and the array of beer is more than amazing.  

I am curious about this cocoon that people have been discussing.  Do you have a pic of this room?

Paul from NYC.

Paul,

I have pictures but they are not very good -I only have a Palm pilot. Furthermore, it is difficult to take a picture of the cocoon: there is so much foam hanging.

Bruno

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
We will miss you Bruno!
« Reply #7 on: 28 Apr 2005, 09:38 am »
Good luck Bruno !! Carl speaks highly of you....and any friend of Carl's is a friend of mine....so have a safe trip. Looking forward to you posts from Belgium....and maybe a few beer reviews !!! :beer:
    Chris[/list:u]

BrunoB

Hi from Germany
« Reply #8 on: 16 Oct 2005, 03:26 pm »
Hi everyone!

I am in Germany now, working at the university of Erlangen Nuernberg.  I am still looking for a new place to live and to build a new Sound Cocoon.
I also hope that one day I will have the  time to build a new pair of speakers.

I am not living very far from Florian, former NC  AC member,  who has an impressive setup.

All the best,

Bruno

sheadlee

We will miss you Bruno!
« Reply #9 on: 17 Oct 2005, 08:45 pm »
Bruno,

Good to hear from you! I'm glad you are gainfully employed, and trying to get settled in. Stay in touch and let us know how things are going on that side of the 'pond'.

I think Florian was living with a friend in Charlotte (I never got to meet him), for awhile, but that fell through. It's nice to hear that he's doing well, too.