FS: Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here & The Final Cut - LP

Tyrro

• 5th note design studio
Pink Floyd: THE FINAL CUT in Exellent Condition
[GERMANY LP, IMPORT] - $20
This is a Pink Floyd - The Final Cut LP - Pressed in Germany, Import.
The Vinyl and the Cover are Both in EX to NM- Condition.

Title: The Final Cut
Record Company: EMI / Harvest Records
Catalog Number: 1C 064-65 042
Release Date: 1983.
Release Information: Original issue.
Description: Gatefold cover.
Front Cover: Black with military stripes. Glossy. In the upper right corner is a sticker that says: pink floyd the final cut.
Back Cover: Down the left side are the tracklisting and personel. In the upper right corner is the number 1C 064-65 042 and the MC-number 1C 264-65 042. In the lower right corner is a photo of a soldier with a knife in his back. In the lower left corner is the EMI/Harvest-logo.
Inner Sleeve: Three photos and tracklisting.
Label: Picture label. LC 1305. GEMA

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Pink Floyd: Wish You Were Here - Hot Stamper!
[UK LP, IMPORT] - $20
Release Information: Second issue without black shrink wrap.
Description: Cover: Burning man leaning forward.
Inner Sleeve: Heavy cardboard inner sleeve with a picture of a red veil blowing in the wind on one side, and credits and lyrics on the other side.
Label: Black / dark blue WYWH picture label.

Text around the top edge of the label starts at 9 o'clock and says:
EMI Records Ltd. All rights of the manufacturer and of the owner of the recorded work reserved.

Text around the bottom edge of the label starts at 7 o'clock and says:
Made in GT Britain. Unauthorized public performance, broadcasting, and copying of this record prohibited.

Here's a what Tom Port from dccblowout.com has to say about this UK edition:

"Hot Stamper! This British original pressing (A1/B5) has SUPERB SOUND. I don't recall ever hearing this record sound better. I pulled out my CBS Half-Speed, my reference copy for sound on this album, and found it to be too bright on side 1."

"Side two of the Half-Speed sounded very good, but this British copy is richer, fuller, smoother and sweeter."

"Although that's not really fair, because unless you have access to minty British original pressings with good stampers -- like this one -- the CBS Half-Speed may be your best bet. I've never heard a domestic copy that was any good, so don't bother with those."

The record plays VG and comes with the original specially cut inner sleeve. The record rates 7 out of 10 and cover rates 8 out of 10.

Tyrro

• 5th note design studio
FS: Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here & The Final Cut - LP
« Reply #1 on: 25 Apr 2005, 05:52 pm »
SOLD!!