Seeking your experience on speaker cables

Labguy68

Seeking your experience on speaker cables
« on: 12 May 2023, 12:18 am »
Hi all,
I saw the GR speaker cable post by @Rock Ball, And I have to admit that the GR cables look impressive. My question is.. Has anybody had an opportunity to compare them to other things like blue jeans, Canare, Chord, Audioquest, SVS soundpath ultra, World's best cables (mogami), etc.? How do they compare? I'm in the market for new speaker cables. Which top 3 cables under $200 a pair should I be looking for?

KTS

Re: Seeking your experience on speaker cables
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2023, 01:04 am »
Hi all,
I saw the GR speaker cable post by @Rock Ball, And I have to admit that the GR cables look impressive. My question is.. Has anybody had an opportunity to compare them to other things like blue jeans, Canare, Chord, Audioquest, SVS soundpath ultra, World's best cables (mogami), etc.? How do they compare? I'm in the market for new speaker cables. Which top 3 cables under $200 a pair should I be looking for?

I can only compare to Worlds Best Cables, which are nice cables. I did not hear a huge difference at first when I switched to the GR Research cables. After about 75 to 100 hrs they were different cables, I did a comparison and gave the worlds best cables away to a buddy. The biggest difference in my system was sound stage and clarity. I can strongly recommend them, I wish I had tried the others on your list, but I have not thought about speaker cable’s since I switched.

Jaytor

« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2023, 02:15 am »
The GR-Research cables are excellent for the price. I tried a number of cables on my NX-Oticas.  I ultimately settled on Kimber Select KS-3035, but this cable is WAY more expensive than the GR-Research cable. Along the way, I tried Blue Jean 5T00UP, Audioquest Mammoth, DH Labs Q-10, and Iconoclast SPTPC. Some of these were considerably more expensive than the GR cable, but I thought the GR cable sounded better. Excellent clarity and tonal balance with nice sound stage and image depth.

Early B.

« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2023, 04:34 am »
Hi all,

Don't waste time and money on cheap speaker cables. Just get the GR Research cables and be done with it. 

maxima95

« Reply #4 on: 12 May 2023, 08:13 pm »
I can only compare to Worlds Best Cables, which are nice cables. I did not hear a huge difference at first when I switched to the GR Research cables. After about 75 to 100 hrs they were different cables, I did a comparison and gave the worlds best cables away to a buddy. The biggest difference in my system was sound stage and clarity. I can strongly recommend them, I wish I had tried the others on your list, but I have not thought about speaker cable’s since I switched.

Jaytor, was it the 16 or 24 strand version?

Jaytor

« Reply #5 on: 12 May 2023, 08:41 pm »
Jaytor, was it the 16 or 24 strand version?

I have the 24 strand version.