AVM Audio Amp Essential Monoblocks Reference Quality Amps!

Mister Pig

• "when pigs fly"
    • Affordable Audio/Positive Feedback Online writer
These are high performance solid state amplifiers that can be the cornerstone of a high-end system. 200 WPC and capable of driving 1 ohm loads. Built like a tank and heavy, so shipping is going to cost a bit.

Sold in 2005 for 10,000 euro, which is roughly $14,000 USD at exchange during that time. These are known in Europe as superb electronics, but did not get imported to the US until the last 5 years. the designer knows his stuff and these amps are transparent, detailed, even tonal balance, and textured. They sound like everything and nothing. Not overly warm like tubes, not clinical like solid state can be, in short its basically neutral.

Have recently had a bench check and all is well. One amp does have some small nicks on the front faceplate, please look at photos. Amps are priced accordingly due to this condition. Can't say how it happened as they came to me this way.

If you want reference amps that won't break the bank, these are it!

Sell: $3000 plus shipping

JakeJ

Re: AVM Audio Amp Essential Monoblocks Reference Quality Amps!
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2023, 08:19 am »
Shout out for a great pair of amps from a great seller at a great price.  I have a pair of the next generation mono amps, the Evolution M5 and I can attest to the outstanding sound quality these bring to your game.  Deep tight bass, check.  Glorious midrange bloom.  Sweet extended top end.  These easily compete with amps at twice their original price.  I have a YBA Signature kit and they sound more alike than different.  Two completely different topologies that are over twenty years apart in design and implementation not to mention parts design and quality advancements available then and now.  Pretty amazing.  The YBA is/was plenty expensive as well with the mono amps tipping the scale at $16K and the preamps (separate chassis dual mono) were $20K.  Statement pieces in their time that still hold up after more than twenty years.

The YBA gear will go to the grave with me.  Listening to it right now in my office system.