BEWARE........FYI

rwanda

BEWARE........FYI
« on: 3 Mar 2023, 07:27 pm »
of anyone soliciting sale of gear
had an incident with gregbent31...."new member" is a toal scam...along with "sundertow" a member who it seems does not exist....FYI

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
Re: BEWARE........FYI
« Reply #1 on: 4 Mar 2023, 12:06 am »
Thanks

audiojem

« Reply #2 on: 4 Mar 2023, 01:18 am »
Be careful received a message to contact sundertow about a wanted ad I had poster here!

twilightround

« Reply #3 on: 4 Mar 2023, 04:18 am »
What do you think he wants?

cllogan

« Reply #4 on: 4 Mar 2023, 05:15 pm »
I was contacted also.

undertowogt1

« Reply #5 on: 6 Mar 2023, 08:48 pm »
SUNDERTOW???? Sheesh :?

twilightround

« Reply #6 on: 9 Mar 2023, 11:59 pm »
I'm curious as to what people who do this want.  Are they trying to sell things that don't exist?  Are they searching for personal information?  I have gotten a couple of these, apparently in response to a WTB posting.  I did try to contract both, not knowing they were fraudulent.  One did not reply.  One did reply and sent me some texts, including photos, but when I suggested talking by phone, he wrote that he was out of cell phone range and had no internet connection, even though this was in a text message send through the internet.  That sounds a bit strange to me.  What I don't understand is the purpose.  Do these people think someone is going to send them money (and how would this happen without an email address or an actual address)?  Are they seeking information about accounts?  Please enlighten me.