SOLD: Van Alstine T8+ Tube Preamplifier w/ Phono Stage & Remote

mchuckp

***SOLD*** (Sold for $800 shipped for those looking for a reference)

Asking $850 OBO + shipping (I'll cover PP fees)
I'm in Oregon and happy to meet up for a local sale. 

Downsizing my rig and time to let my beloved AVA Transcendence 8+ preamp go.  This is a tube based preamp that uses two 6CG7 tube inside the chassis.  The preamp has a very clean sound with just a hint of tube goodness.  I've used it with tube and SS amps and works awesome with both.  This unit includes a wonderful phono stage and a remote control (volume/mute) which were both upgrade options.  The other great feature of this amp is the volume of inputs.  You can see from the pix that it has options for up to 6 inputs, 2 outputs, along with balance, mono, and a tape loop.  The "special" input is the Phono stage.  Please note that it does have a captive power cord that cannot be changed. 

I bought this unit in 2009 from AVA and have been the sole owner.  It has been used over the years but modestly and very well cared for.  The only hint of wear I see is one very small nick on the upper edge of the front plate above the balance knob (see pic).  I've never had an issue with this preamp.  Always been rock solid (which you expect from AVA).  I did replace the tube at some point but cannot remember when.  Tubes last a long time in these units.  I also still have the original box and manual. 

If you have any questions about it, please reach out.  I'm a long time member here and have sold/bought stuff.  You can also check out my 100% feedback on Agon and Headfi as 'mchuckp' or on eBay as 'mch7664'.  I take pride in being a fair, honest seller in our great community.

Here is the manual of you’d like more info.
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/15u7PN08MdWBQVLfd3FBqDh-CSC6xVAAm/view?usp=drivesdk

« Last Edit: 7 Feb 2023, 03:07 pm by mchuckp »

theedg19688@yahoo.com

Hello
Where are you in Oregon please?

mchuckp

I'm in Salem, OR.