SOLD: Upgraded Spud kit Single Ended Stereo Tube Amp

slefley

This is a fully built, tested and broken-in Spud amplifier including the optional wood side panels.  The amplifier is in great cosmetic condition and fully functional.  Current cost for the assembled amplifier with wood panels is $700 without the upgrades shown below.  I will sell for $475 including US shipping and 7 NOS GE JAN 6197 tubes.

The Spud Kit is a complete two channel valve amplifier in kit form (or prebuilt). Using a single-ended pentode (6CL6 / 6197), the amp is capable of 2 to 3 watts per channel into an 8 ohm load. The amplifier features a volume control and can be driven directly from a standard (2 volts or greater) line level output from your source.

I am the 2nd owner and when I bought it 2 months ago I sent pictures to the developer who said the workmanship looked good and it used the latest circuitry.  I used this amp to drive the Caintuck/Lii Audio F-15 open baffle speakers.  This combination provided outstanding sound, especially with vocals (transparent, very detailed, typical open baffle imaging and soundstage), but I am selling this 2nd system as part of general downsizing in retirement. 

Edcor power and output transformers were used.  Other upgrades over the standard kit are:
- Neotech wire used wherever possible         
- Binding posts are premium KLEI Innovations Naked Harmony bare copper from Parts Connextion
- RCA connectors are rhodium plated copper also from Parts Connection
- Solid walnut with side panels with 4 coats of polyurethane

« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2023, 06:02 pm by slefley »