One of the best DVD Audio disks ever.

lupodwdm

« on: 16 Apr 2005, 11:22 pm »
I'm not sure if anyone else here is a fan of Bjork, or just high quality DVD Audio disks in general, but I wanted to let everyone know about this disk.  Out of the 30 or so DVD Audio disks, Bjork-Vespertine has to be one of the best sounding multi-channel released I have ever heard.  Not only is the material on the disk great, but the recording and engineering of this album is INCREDIBLE.  Even if your not a fan of Bjork, this disk will give your multi-channel setup the workout of it's life time.

Trust me on this, this album is unlike anything you have ever heard.

Here is a link for more info:

http://www.musicoutfitter.com/store/item/075596265393.html

ryno

« Reply #1 on: 17 Apr 2005, 03:04 am »
I had to replace my DVD player so I just got a DVD-A. Whats a good online store to buy  discs, and Give me some more good titles. All I have now is Beck sea changes, great disc, but I don't know if it's great DVD-A.
Thanks Ryan

meilankev

« Reply #2 on: 17 Apr 2005, 03:26 am »
Mr lupodwdm,

Thanks for the scoop on this disc.  The important thing is that the songs on the disc are enjoyable.  I've heard good things from other folks as well.

Personally, I would never buy an album full of mediocre material just because the sonics were exceptional.  For me, this hobby is about the music - not the audio.  A scratched-up Memphis Slim LP is light years ahead of a breathtaking recording of most artists.

Kevin

lupodwdm

« Reply #3 on: 17 Apr 2005, 03:28 am »
Thats what makes this disk great.  The songs themselves are AWSOME.  The great sonics just make it better.  I'd listen to this disk even if it wasn't DVD-A!

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #4 on: 17 Apr 2005, 03:31 am »
Acoustic Sounds is a good online store for all things DVD-A, SACD and vinyl.  Beck's Sea Change is a monumental surround disc, either in SACD (my fave version of this title) or DVD-A.  It has won many surround awards, and for good reason.  For a completely surprising DVD-A find Paul Simon's You're The One.  Not an aggressive mix, but a great album and well-recorded and mastered for DVD-A.  A real under-rated gem.  Both of Donald Fagen's solo albums are great DVD-A's (The Nightly, Kamakiriad).  AIX is a great label for jazz and some classical.

Ted

lupodwdm

« Reply #5 on: 17 Apr 2005, 05:23 am »
Beck is a great disk, I bough that copy about a year ago.  Another few great ones are Fleetwood Mac- Rumors, stone temple pilots-core and alanis morissette-under rug swept.  All are refrence level disks.

WerTicus

« Reply #6 on: 17 Apr 2005, 08:54 am »
i hate bjorks music but its certainly dynamic stuff :)

John Ashman

• http://forum.adnm.com
« Reply #7 on: 17 Apr 2005, 12:55 pm »
Interestingly, I got in some exotic level monitors and was putting together random demo things, "best ofs", etc and I put together some Bjork stuff and I have to say, she's a lot more enjoyable on a truly exotic system because the arrangements make the music better when you hear what they are doing and you start to hear some of the genius of it, warped though it may be.    Same goes for me with a lot of classical or choral music - most speakers simply can't recreate it without sounding harsh or resonant or distorted, so there are cases where really hot speakers combined with really well done recordings allow music that you never enjoyed before to really come alive as, I'm sure, the musician had intended.  Rare, but it happens.